PARISH COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES 25th AUGUST 2011

PRESENT: – Councillors – Mr R Buckley (Chair), Mrs E Wilson (Vice Chair), Mrs M Street, Mr N Eardley, Mr P Torr, Mrs L. Foster, Councillor B Livesley, & Mrs W Carter (Clerk).

Gareth Barber PCSO

1. APOLOGIES Councillors, Mr R Buckingham, Mr C. Fleming, Councillor P Hayes.

2. PUBLIC FORUM –   None

3. CHAIRPERSON’S ANNOUNCEMENTS –

The Chair announced that the retirement card and flower tub for our previous chairperson of many years, Cllr Eileen Wilson, had been delivered to her home with our appreciation and thanks for all her hard work and effort.

4. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING HELD 30th June 2011 – Approved and signed.

5. GARETH BARBER PCSO – RURAL WATCH SCHEME.

We were advised the main aim of the scheme is to stop anti social behaviour/theft in rural and semi rural areas like Higher Hurdsfield. Individuals can sign up and will be given contact numbers of other members, to call if they see anything suspicious. If actual acts of vandalism or theft are seen to be taking place then 999 should be dialled.

Jane Hurst will send out relevant information such as notices advising there is a Rural Watch Scheme in operation, which is a deterrent in itself. .

Gareth to email the Clerk a notice to put in the Parish Notice boards.

Cllr Torr to issue the forms to people he considers would most benefit from the scheme.

The scheme to be advertised in both the newsletter and on the web site.

Gareth advised he would patrol the recreation ground car park when he is on late duty and we could email him with any other issues.

Other points raised –

The police cannot deal with parking problems unless the vehicle is an obstruction.

Cllr Foster reported cars above the bridge on the left hand side have been scratched along the sides. Councillor Livesley offered to get in touch with the warden if the problem persists.

6. CLERK TO GIVE UPDATE ON THE FOLLOWING:

Current Bank Balance – As of 8th Aug 2011 – £7,204.95

The Annual Return has been submitted to External Auditor prior to 16th May 2011.

We have not yet received a reply.

Bank Signatories –  The relevant forms were passed to the Chair to review what needs to be done at the next meeting, as only one of the three Cllrs to be signatories was present.

7. PLANNING COMMITTEE TO CONSIDER AND COMMENT ON

   ANY PLANNING APPLICATIONS NOTIFIED –

Application to Upgrade Public Footpath No. 9 Higher Hurdsfield to Bridleway.

Cllr Buckingham issued a response to Ms Tench, who then advised investigations are continuing through to September.

The main issue is to determine if the specified public footpath is actually used as a bridleway. Cllr Buckley to speak to Chris Broadbent to obtain his views. The Clerk to request the new deadline date.

LAST MONTHS APPLICATIONS – No response from Planning Committee

Application No. 11/1177M – single storey front extension, pitch roof and conversion of garage into habitable space and first floor rear extension.

Location –53 Roewood Lane, Higher Hurdsfield.Macclesfield,SK10 2PG

Application No. 11/1489M – single storey side extension, alterations to existing windows.

Location – 1, Higherfold View Barn,Rainow Road, Higher Hurdsfield, Macclesfield

8. TO RECEIVE AND NOTE ANY PLANNING DECISIONS. None

9. AUTHORISATION OF PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS –

Richard Buckley for R. Quinn                   £105.00          Cheque No. 000682

H.C. Hickerman web site development    £185.00          Cheque No. 000683

R Buckley . Chair’s retirement present    £60.49            Cheque No. 000684

and weed killer.

The Chair requested “The Next Project” to be put on the agenda for the next meeting.

10. REVIEW AND DISTRIBUTE CORRESPONDENCE

1.CHESHIRE EAST FAIRTRADEPROJECT 

2. POLICE QUESTION TIME, NEXT CYCLE OF EVENTS WILL BE HELD IN JAN 2012

 3. MACCLESFIELD LAP HIGHWAYS SUB GROUP

HAVE WE ANY ISSUES WE WOULD LIKE TO REPORT?

4. RAINOW PARISH COUNCIL

CIVIC SERVICE 25TH SEPTEMBER 2011, 10AM,HOLYTRINITYCHURCH

Cllr. Buckley + Cllr. Wilson + Cllr Torr + W. Carter to attend.

5. PARTNERSHIPS NEWS LETTER

6. ROYAL HORTICULTURAL SOCIETY –BRITAININ BLOOM

UKLARGEST COMMUNITY DRIVEN ENVIRONMENTAL CAMPAIGN

ASKING US TO DEVELOP VOLUNTEER ACTIVITY WITHIN A FRAMEWORK.

7.TYTHERINGTON HIGH SCHOOL POSSIBLE CHANGE IN STATUS

FROM A COMMUNITY TO AFOUNDATIONSCHOOL

8.CHESHIREEAST LOCAL DEVELOPMENT FRAMEWORK

TELL US WHAT YOU THINK – HERITAGE CENTRE 9TH SEPT, FRIDAY. 10AM TO 5PM

11. WEB SITE –

The Chair thanked Cllr Buckingham. Cllr Foster and the Clerk for their efforts.

Cllr. Foster issued a draft history of the parish, which sets the scene and invites contributions. The web is still being searched for further info and bullet points produced with be developed.

Dorothy Bentley Smith a local news reporter was suggested as a source of information.

Cllr. Eardley to ask if we can reproduce parts of the pamphlet from 1908.

The Clerk to scan Cllr Streets photo of Rainow Road.

Three logo designs were produced by the Clerk and a vote taken which should be used. The shield with HHPC and a photo of the Sunday School was unanimously decided upon.

A competition may be included on the web site for a future logo.

12. THE GENERAL CONDITION OF THE PARISH –

1. Condition of Cliff Lane. Gullies.

Simon Davies has written to advise that with no positive drainage system and the road being enclosed on both sides, it is difficult to resolve the problem. He will make sure the gullies higher up the lane are clear and ask the Highway Inspector to see whether any excess water is being discharged off the fields onto the highway. – take off agenda.

2 Price for renewing Perspex on notice boards.

Will be completed within three weeks. £180 for the three notice boards.

3. Public Footpath – Three metal posts sticking up from the ground between properties 79 and69 Rainow Road are to be reported to the Highways by the Clerk.

4. Resurfacing Schedule

Simon Davies advised programmes of resurfacing for next year have yet to be finalised but if we have concerns about a particular area, let him know.

The Clerk to request the section ofRainow Roadfrom Lower Fold toWell Laneto be resurfaced.

5. No. 18 Roewood

 We received a letter from Cheshire Peaks and Plains advising they will comply with our request for a more secure fence at the back of the bungalow and the work is to be carried out 22nd August 2011.

6. The Clerk to request the road to be cleaned from the bus stop toCliffe Lane.

13. The Boundary Commission.

The Boundary Commission are proposing to reduce the number of constituencies from 660 to 600, which would mean moving the current boundaries. They must be of an equal number of constituents between 72,810 -80,473 and as wards cannot be split, there is a possibility Higher Hurdsfield could be put in the same constituency as Hazel Grove. This proposal would also affect Bollington and Rainow.

A Paper is being issued on 6th Sept. 2011 and if this change is proposed, David Rutley, who is very much against this move, will contact us and we will then have to decide what objections can be put forward. With this in mind, our next meeting is to be brought forward one week.

THE NEXT MEETING WILL BE 22nd September 2011.

Comments are closed.