PRESENT: – Councillors – Mr R Buckley (Chair), Mrs E Wilson (Vice Chair), Mrs M Street, Mr P Torr, Mr R Buckingham, & Mrs W Carter (Clerk).
1. APOLOGIES Councillors – Mr N Eardley, Mrs L. Foster, Mr C. Fleming, Mr P Hayes & Mr B Livesley,
2. PUBLIC FORUM – None
3. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING HELD 25th August 2011 – Approved and signed.
4. CHAIRPERSON’S ANNOUNCEMENTS – Wished the Vice Chair Cllr. Eileen Wilson a happy birthday.
5. CLERK TO GIVE UPDATE ON THE FOLLOWING:
Current Bank Balance – As of 8th Sept 2011 – £6,422.75
The Annual Return submitted to External Auditor in May for a detailed review, has been returned approved without conditions. The necessary notice for the public to view all documentation will be put on the notice board at the last two weeks of October.
We have not yet received the invoice for the above.
Bank Signatories – To be discussed at the next meeting.
6. PLANNING COMMITTEE TO CONSIDER AND COMMENT ON
ANY PLANNING APPLICATIONS NOTIFIED –
Application to Upgrade Public Footpath No. 9 Higher Hurdsfield to Bridleway.
This application was actually submitted in 2003, waiting to be processed.
The main issue is to determine if the specified public footpath is actually used as a bridleway. Cllr Buckley spoke to members of the Parish, the matter was discussed at length and we have no actual evidence of it being used as a bridleway. The Clerk to forward this as our response.
7. TO RECEIVE AND NOTE ANY PLANNING DECISIONS. None
8. AUTHORISATION OF PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS –
Sunday School meeting room rent. £75.00 Cheque No. 000685
L Carter Perspex for 3 notice boards £180.00 Cheque No. 000686
HC Vickerman – web site final payment £90.00 Cheque No. 000687
R. Buckley for R. Quinn – maintenance £105.00 Cheque No. 000688
9. REVIEW AND DISTRIBUTE CORRESPONDENCE
THE CVS CHESHIRE EAST NEWSLETTER
HIDDEN TREASURE IN CHESHIRE EAST – FAITH ACTION AUDIT PROJECT
PACE – PARTNERSHIPS NEWS LETTER
10. WEB SITE –
Cllr. Buckingham demonstrated the web site by displaying various pages.
The Chair appreciated all the work put in by Haydn for such a low cost.
Everyone was happy to go live with the site.
The web site is to be advertised in the newsletter and on the notice boards.
11. THE GENERAL CONDITION OF THE PARISH –
1. Perspex on notice boards. – Complete
2. Public Footpath – Three metal posts sticking up from the ground between properties 79 and 69 Rainow Road has been reported to Simon Davies the Area Engineer who will speak to the Highway Inspector and action as required. He is aware of this problem.
3. Resurfacing Rainow Road.
Simon Davies advised that there are no plans to continue the resurfacing to Well Lane in the short term, as this section is in reasonable condition, although uneven in places.
4. Cleaning Rainow Road.
A second weed spray has been completed which says has been effective and the weeds should soon begin to die off. Simon Davies has passed our comments to colleagues in Streetscape and asked that they action any sweeping as required.
The Cllrs stated the weeds are as bad as ever, we will ask R. Quinn to carry out the work.
12. The Boundary Commission.
There are to be no changes to the boundary of Higher Hurdsfield.
David Rutley may get in touch to request our support for Poynton whose boundary has changed.
13. The Next Project
The following projects were considered:-
• A fence along the back boundary of the recreation ground.
• A new picnic seat and bench for the recreation ground.
• Resurfacing the road leading to the recreation ground.
The Clerk to get a price for the picnic seat and bench
Cllr Torr to get a price for resurfacing.
The website and newsletter may be used to ask Parish members.
14. Rural Watch Scheme – update
Cllr Torr has spoken to several people who have shown a lot of interest. He will be issuing the necessary forms.
THE MEETING ENDED AT 7.45PM
THE NEXT MEETING WILL BE 27TH OCTOBER 2011.