PARISH COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES 27th OCTOBER 2011

PRESENT: – Councillors – Mr R Buckley (Chair), Mrs E Wilson (Vice Chair), Mrs M Street, Mr P Torr, Mr N Eardley, Mr R Buckingham, Mrs L. Foster, Mr P Hayes & Mr B Livesley, & Mrs W Carter (Clerk).

1. APOLOGIES Councillors – Mr C. Fleming,

2. PUBLIC FORUM – None

3. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING HELD 22nd September 2011 – Approved and signed.

4. CHAIRPERSON’S ANNOUNCEMENTS
The Chair sent apologies to the Honourable Alderman as he was not able to accept his invitation.

5. CLERK TO GIVE UPDATE ON THE FOLLOWING:

Current Bank Balance – As 7th Oct 2011 – £8,547.75

Bank Signatories – To be discussed at the next meeting.

6. PRECEPT
FINANCIAL FORECAST
EXPENDITURE DURING 2010-2011
RENT FOR MEETING ROOM £75.00
INSURANCE £437.00
INTERNAL AUDIT £77.00
EXTERNAL AUDIT £144
PARISH CLERK’S SALARY £1,150
STATIONARY /EXPENCES £425
TRAINING COURSES £300.00
MEMBERSHIP FEE SOCIETY OF LOCAL CLERKS £61.00
CHAIRPERSON’S ALLOWANCE £100.00
PARISH NEWS LETTER £70.00
MAINTENANCE GARDENER/HANDY MAN £450.00
TOTAL £3,289.00
Increase by 5% min for inflation for 2011. £3,454.00
Additional costs for 2012:-
Web hosting £40.00
MAINTENANCE GARDENER/HANDY MAN £800

Current Bank Balance £8,547.75
estimated bank balance less expenditure £4,253.75
The preliminary financial forecast was discussed and revised to show the documented figures.

It was not possible to determine the Precept as the following proposals are under consideration:-
A picnic table/bench and bench for the recreation ground in Higher Fold
Resurfacing the road to the recreation ground
Celebrations for the Queen Elizabeth Ii Diamond Jubilee Celebrations 2012

The Precept to be determined at the next meeting when more figures are available.

7. PLANNING COMMITTEE TO CONSIDER AND COMMENT ON
ANY PLANNING APPLICATIONS NOTIFIED – None

8. TO RECEIVE AND NOTE ANY PLANNING DECISIONS. None

9. AUTHORISATION OF PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS –
Audit Commission £144.00 Cheque No. 000689
W. Carter for Ink Cartridges £34.24 Cheque No. 000690

10. REVIEW AND DISTRIBUTE CORRESPONDENCE

BOUNDARY COMMISSION FOR ENGLAND
THE 2013 REVIEW OF PARLIAMENTARY CONSTITUENCIES IN ENGLAND
Following the Boundary Commissions proposal to remove Poynton from the Macclesfield constituency and put them with Hazel Grove, Poynton have provided a submission to the Commission that Bollington and Disley ward should be put with Hazel Grove instead of them. It was felt that we must act on behalf of the people in our Parish, but Cllr Buckley has to speak to D. Rutley MP before what action should be taken. An email has been sent requesting D. Rutley MP to phone Cllr. Buckley.

Extract from the submission to be sent to the Cllrs. with the minutes.

CHESHIRE EAST HIGHWAYS CONTRACT & NEW CONTACTS
Cllr R Buckingham declared that he is employed by Jacobs Engineering which is a 50:50 partner in Ringway Jacobs. He has no involvement at all in Ringway Jacobs

CAME & COMPANY – PARISH COUNCIL INSURANCE
ADVICE TAILORED TO THE SEASON

SUSTAINABLE GOV. ARTICLES

PACE PARTNERSHIPS FOR ACTION IN CHESHIRE EAST
AN INVITATION TO PACE ASSEMBLEY WED. 16TH NOV 2011 9.30AM TO 1PM
TYTHERINGTON CLUB, DORCHESTER WAY, TYTHERINGTON.
WILL FOCUS ON WORK IN LOCAL AREA PARTNERSHIPS, NEIGHBOURHOOD PROJECTS, VOLUNTEERING & FINANCE.

ADULT DAY & RESPITE/SHORT BREAK SERVICES IN CHESHIRE EAST POSTER
Poster to be put on notice board and web site.

OFFER OF EXPERIENCED HIGHWAY MAINTENANCE PERSON WITH CV.
Clerk to reply advising Parish too small to make use of his services.

INVITATION TO THE TOWN AND PARISH COUNCIL CONFERENCE
Thursday, 24th November, 2011 at Congleton Town Hall
Cllr Livesley will be attending.
Official invitation and programme to be issued shortly.
Clerk to email to Cllrs Fletcher and Buckingham who may attend depending on content.

11. WEB SITE –
The web site is up and running. Haydn has made changes to speed up the site.
Cllr Buckingham to liaise with Haydn to have a counter set up.
The newsletter items to be included on the website.
Cllr Foster has had a meeting with Verity about the history of the golf course. An article will be produced with this material before the end of the year.

12. THE GENERAL CONDITION OF THE PARISH –
1. Public Footpath – Three metal posts sticking up from the ground between properties 79 and 69 Rainow Road has been reported to Simon Davies the Area Engineer who will speak to the Highway Inspector and action as required. He is aware of this problem.
No action has been taken with this complaint or the complaint about the bins being left on the highway. The clerk to chase. Ray Skip may be able to help.

2. Cleaning Rainow Road.
Some deterioration of the weeds can be seen, however further work is necessary which will now be carried out by our maintenance man.

Also – A few of the branches of the overgrown hedge on Rainow Road have been cut and the hedge cutter has been requested to trim the hedge when he has finished his current work.

The problem of thistles was raised but we can do nothing about this problem as it is on private property.

13. PARISH NEW LETTER
Cllrs Foster and Buckingham have submitted articles. Cllr Foster reducing article.
Cllr Buckley to provide an article about Higher Fold.
Include an article advising we have engaged a handyman on a part time basis to tidy up the Parish and householders who assist by tidying up their frontages are a great help.
The Jubilee Celebrations suggestions to be included.
A Christmas card to be included and the newsletter and card to be enveloped.
Cllrs Eardley and Torr to speak to Joan or others to see if they would like to promote some activities in our newsletter.
The Clerk to email Cllr Hayes and Livesley to request a 20 word contact details entry.

14. The Next Project
The following projects were discussed:-
a. A new picnic seat and bench for the recreation ground.
Kathryn Swindells form Cheshire East Leisure Dept. advises they would need to approve the items as being suitable for an open space, they would have to be heavy duty and the style must consider the needs of all the users of the park. The single bench should have arm rests and backs. They would prefer the installation to be carried out one of their preferred contractors or by their staff directly, for which they would charge us. She offered to meet to discuss the project on Tuesday 1st. Nov. 2011.

It was decided:-
The Clerk to contact George Fernyhough at Fairways Landscape Limited and obtain a price for supply and fitting of the furniture and also get a comparable price from another supplier and the approved installation contractor of CEC.

b. Resurfacing the road leading to the recreation ground.
Cllr Torr has requested a price from Fairways Landscape Ltd, which we will receive before the next meeting. The resurfacing is to go to the gate only.
The Clerk to request a list of approved companies from CEC to obtain a comparable quote.

Consideration will have to be given to the drain at the bottom of the road.

15. SPEED INDICATOR DEVICE

Following discussions regarding various options, i.e. speed guns, 20 mph restrictions, renting of Rainow’s SID it was decided this item be included on the January agenda. SPEED/SAFETY.

Cllr Livesley is to meet with Mike Penning the road Minister on the 8th November when he will have 30minutes to put forward questions.

The Chair and the Clerk to compile a letter addressed to Councillor Livesley, Road Safety Portfolio Holder for Cheshire Fire and Rescue, containing questions we would like him to put forward on our behalf. These questions to include addressing responsibility of the damaged caused by the heavy duty wagons from Asda etc., damage to the bridges, property, bearing in mind it is also in a conservation area.

16. QUEEN ELIZABETH 11 DIAMOND JUBILEE CELEBRATIONS 2012
Various options were discussed:-
To be held at Higher Fold, a marquee too expensive we will chance the June weather.
Sunday school only holds 50/60 people therefore not suitable.
Possible events for children in the afternoon, adults in the evening.
Face painting – ice cream – roundabout – bouncing castle – food
We have to book early as facilities will be in demand and at a premium.
Additional cost of £375 to be taken into account for insurance.
Health & Safety, Risk Assessment, etc to be looked into.
Cllr Buckley to contact Jane Kavanagh at Cheshire East Council to find out how we go about it. All information passed to Cllr. Buckley.

THE MEETING ENDED AT 8.10pm

THE NEXT MEETING WILL BE 24th November 2011.

Comments are closed.