PARISH COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES 23rd February 2012

                       PARISH COUNCIL MEETING    23rd February 2012

 PRESENT: – Councillors – Mr R Buckley (Chair), Mrs E Wilson (Vice Chair), Mrs M Street, Mr N Eardley, Mr C Fleming, Mr R Buckingham, Mrs. L Foster & Mrs W Carter (Clerk).

1. APOLOGIES Councillors Mr P Torr, Mr B Livesley & Mr P Hayes

 2. PUBLIC FORUM –   None

 3. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING HELD 26th January 2012 –

 4. CHAIRPERSON’S ANNOUNCEMENTS – An invitation has been received from Bollington Town Council at Shrigley hall on Friday 30th March 2012.  Clerk to thank but advise we are unable to attend.

 5. CLERK TO GIVE UPDATE ON THE FOLLOWING:

Current Bank Balance

On 8th February 2012  £6,468.97

The Clerk advised she has now registered Higher Hurdsfield Parish Council as an employer with HMRC and her salary will be paid via the required PAYE scheme, which she will manage.

 The Clerk checked and confirmed we do have the lever of cover we require for insurance. 6. PLANNING COMMITTEE TO CONSIDER AND COMMENT ON

   ANY PLANNING APPLICATIONS NOTIFIED

App. No.         12/0197M

Proposal:       PROPOSED FREE STANDING TRACKING SOLAR PANELS

Location:        Lower Swanscoe Farm,Kerridge Rd.Higher Hurdsfield.

No objections

 7. TO RECEIVE AND NOTE ANY PLANNING DECISIONS. None

8. AUTHORISATION OF PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS –   None

9. REVIEW AND DISTRIBUTE CORRESPONDENCE

 . The March / April edition of our Partnerships Newsletter will be circulated at the end of March.  Articles and photographs to be sent by 19th March 2012.

 MAYOR MAKING RECEPTION

Cllr. Ken Edwards will be appointed Town Mayor of Bollington at the Mayor Making Ceremony on Tuesday 8th May 2012 atBollingtonTown Hall. There will be a reception following the ceremony at Bollington Civic Hall starting at 7.30 pm.

 CIVIC SUNDAY PARADE AND SERVICE

Cllr. Ken Edwards will be holding his Civic Sunday service at St. Oswald’s Church, Bollington, on 23rd September 2012 at 10.30 am. There will be a parade before the service – details to be confirmed.

 Subject: FW: Macclesfield Local Area Partnership – Highways Sub Group

Minutes of the meeting which took place 26.01.2012?

Next meeting of the Highways Sub Group-7th March at 6.30pm(venue to be confirmed) One representative from each Town / Parish Council within the LAP area are invited to the meeting.

 CAME & COMPANY NEWS LETTER

With advice on risk assessment and safeguards when clearing snow

 Following the successful Engaging Communities in Planning event held on 18th March at Middlewich, hosted by the CPRE, the second session is to be held on 30th March at Middlewich Civic Hall.The event will begin at 10 am and finish at 4 pm

 MOBILE MEN IN SHEDS

If any of your councillors could complete and return the leaflet to me the deadline of 29 February. Posters were issued to put on the web site and the local pubs.

 Countryside Ranger Service Events-Posters to display, put on the web site.

 Partnerships Newsletter January/February edition

 Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Commemorative Items for Parish and Town Councils.

Cllr. M. Street put forward the idea of planting a tree to commemorate the Silver Jubilee,

which could be enjoyed by all visiting the recreation ground. A double flowing common cherry, as large as possible was decided upon, with an appropriate plaque. Cllr. Buckley to source and order.

 THE PLAYING FIELD

CheshirePlaying Fields Association Newsletter

10. THE GENERAL CONDITION OF THE PARISH

 1. Public Footpath

Simon Davies and Andy Simpson from CEC have discussed the problem of the protruding metal rods. It was agreed that arrangements would be made for the rods to be removed as soon as possible and they would speak again with Public rights of Way to establish whether it is possible to provide a handrail. A handrail is actually in existence but blocked off by wheelie bins which have been left in the walkway. It might be that a scheme could be included in the LAP ward list for minor works for 2012/13.  This is something which would have to be promoted by the local CEC ward member.

The Macclesfield Local Area Partnership – Highways Sub Group meeting may also be a way of bringing attention to this matter.

 The Clerk has emailed for an update.

 2. Waste Bins

Waste bins left on the highway have been reported to Keith Davies the community Warden. Complaint   REF IRIS 0367 KD 27th Jan 2012

Mr. Davies has contacted Tim Kingston whose team is working in the Macclesfield area and requested he look into the matter and feed back to the Clerk.

The Clerk has requested an update but no reply received as yet.

3. There is still some concern with regard to the deterioration of a stone wall onRainow Road. The owner is aware of the problem.

4. Cllrs. E. Wilson to advise the Clerk if the loose grid requires reporting onRainow Road.

5. Parking on the canal bridge is a problem, due to cars having to overtake on a bend.  The Clerk to enquire if anything can be done to stop parking in this area.

 11. THE NEXT PROJECT

The following projects were discussed:-

a. Two new picnic table/seats and bench for the recreation ground.

Cllrs M. Street and C. Fleming surveyed the recreation ground to determine the positions of the new furniture. Cllr. C. Fleming produced a plan which he emailed the Clerk.

The Clerk obtained the following updated quote from a Cheshire East preferred contractor, NB Services Ltd:-

1 No. Bramcote Picnic table (without wheelchair access)

1 No. Bramcote Picnic table with wheelchair access.

1 No. Eastmoor Seat with seat back.

Bases to be flagged, with grass mats to front of bench seat.

To re-situate one bench and bin – position to be agreed on site visit.

Labour                      £600

Benches                     £607

Materials                    £320

Remove rubbish            £ 50

Sub total                 £1,577.00

VAT                          £315.4

TOTAL                    £1,892.40

 Cathy Swindels from CEC Leisure Dept.  has approved the proposed plan and the furniture which is being installed by one of CEC’s approved contractors.

We are to keep Cathy Swindels up to date with installation dates etc. and ensure local residents are aware of the proposals, before the work commences. The Clerk to write to the relevant properties and Cllr Buckingham to post the proposal on the web site.

The benches and seats will remain the responsibility of the Parish Council, if they need attention at any time this will be our responsibility. Cheshire East Council will however add them to their inspection regime and include them in the insurance cover with the other furniture.

12. SPEED AND SAFETY.

Cllr Livesly not present, ongoing to the next meeting.

13. WEB SITE UPDATE

Cllr. L Foster’s latest and very interesting, historical article has now been posted on the website. The next episode, which may include mining and farming, is proposed for May 2012.

Beryl Reed was suggested as a source of information, she started the Women’s Institute.

Cllrs.E. Wilsonand L. Foster to arrange a meeting.

The Chairperson and the Clerk reported they have had difficulties accessing the web site via Google.

We are receiving an impressive 100 hits per month which is encouraging.

14. ENGRAVING CHAIR OF OFFICE AND PLAQUE

 The Chain of Office was inspected during the meeting and it was agreed the engraving be brought up to date and a new ribbon is also required.

The plaque will be discussed at the next meeting.

            Meeting ended 8.05pm

 THE NEXT MEETING WILL BE 29TH MARCH 2012.

Comments are closed.