PARISH COUNCIL MEETING 28th June 2017
DRAFT, YET TO BE APPROVED BY COUNCIL
PRESENT: – Parish Councillors – Mr R Bukley (Chair), Mr C Fleming (Vice Chair), Mrs E Wilson, Mr N Eardley, Mr P Torr, Mr R Buckingham, Mr A Broadhurst & Mrs W Carter (Clerk) .
1. TO RECEIVE APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE – Mrs M Street
Councillors Ms A Stott & Mr J Nicholas.
2. TO RECEIVE ANY DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST. – None
3. PUBLIC FORUM – None
4. CHAIRPERSON’S ANNOUNCEMENTS.
The Chairman announce that due to moving out of the Parish he will be resigning at the end of the meeting and a new Chairman should be elected ready for the next meeting.
Cllr. Andy Broadhurst was nominated, seconded and unanimously voted in as our next Chairman. A Declaration of Acceptance was then signed by Cllr. Broadhurst.
The Chairmen then thanked all for the help given during his term of office and was thanked in return for all his hard work and commitment.
The Chairman also thanked Cllr. R. Buckingham, for all the work he has carried out whilst on the Council as he was also stepping down from the Parish Council the same evening,
5. TO APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON THE 31ST May 2017.
The minutes were approved and signed.
6. CLERK TO GIVE AN UPDATE ON THE FOLLOWING,
(a) Current Bank Balance – statement to 5th June 2017 – £4792.74
(b) Audit Progress
JDH Business Services Ltd have returned our Annual Return for year ending 31.3.2017 and have signed the Annual internal audit report to state that in all significant respects, the control objectives are being achieved throughout the financial year to a standard adequate to meet the needs of our smaller authority.
Three issues were raised:-
1. The annual return did not cast correctly. Boxes 7 & 8 stated £3202 but the annual return added up to £3212.
The accounts were correct but the Clerk when transferring the figures on to the annual return she incorrectly put down the Staff Costs as £3020 instead of £3030.
Corrective action as recommended: The annual return was corrected by changing the Staff Costs to £3020 at the meeting and signed by the Chairman and the RFO.
2. The Standing Orders were titled “Standing Orders and Financial Regulations” however no Financial Regulation were included.
Corrective action as recommended: Financial Regulations were compiled by the clerk using the NALC and SLCC models. These regulations were then reviewed, approved and formally adopted by the council at the meeting.
3. Fixed Assets – £1320 was paid during the year to the Church Notice Board Company.
Recommendation: If this is a payment for an asset the council owns the asset register should be updated.
As this was a replacement notice board for one already included on the asset register and was paid for by the insurance company, the auditors JDH Business Services Ltd. confirmed it had been dealt with in the correct manner and no update was required in the register.
The Annual Return will now be sent to the external auditors together with the relevant documentation and confirmation of the date the inspection period commenced: Monday 3rd July 2017.
Appendix 5 – Period for the Exercise of Public Rights, Accounts for the year ended 31 March 2017, has now been put on the Parish Website and will be put on the notice boards before the commencement date of 3rd July 2017.
7. AUTHORISATION OF PAYMENTS OF ACCOUNTS.
HMRC Tax Payment £90.60 Chq. No. 000812
SLCC Membership £67.00 Chq. No. 000813
JDH Business Services, Audit £139.20 Chq. No. 000814
Parcel Force Audit Docs. W. Carter £18.68 Chq. No. 000815
A. Broadhurst – plants for tub. £15.48 Chq. No. 000816
8. PLANNING COMMITTEE TO CONSIDER AND COMMENT ON ANY PLANNING APPLICATIONS. – None
9. TO RECEIVE AND NOTE ANY PLANNING DECISIONS.
Work has been seen to have been carried out at the Nursery at Swanscoe to meet the requirements of the enforcement notice.
10. REVIEW AND DISTRIBUTE CORRESPONDENCE – None
11. QUOTA OF PARISH COUNCILLORS & EXPERTISE NEEDED.
Two new councillors are now required to be found as soon as possible. Ideally one councillor should be from the Roewood Lane area. Councillor Buckingham has put forward two names of suitable candidates.
12. THE DEAD TREES NEAR THE SEATING AREA AT HIGHER FOLD.
The owners of the property on which the trees are situated, have had tree surgeons look at the trees with a view to carrying out remedial work. – On going.
13. THE UN-ADOPTED ROAD AT HIGHER FOLD
(a) THE CONDITION OF THE ROAD SURFACE.
24.5.2017 As advised by Patrick Tansey, Senior Valuer, Cheshire East Council
The Deed packet for the adjacently owned site has been requested but not yet received for review unfortunately. This is required in order to establish whether Cheshire East Council has any legal responsibilities to maintain the road. As soon as the documentation has been reviewed you will be contacted further with an update.
The Parish Council has previously received a copy of the above, which did give up to date information with regard to who owns the site.
Cllr. J. Nicholas to pursue the matter. – On going.
(b) THE DRAINAGE CHANNEL AT THE ENTRANCE.
The gully at the entrance to Higher Fold is completely blocked with stone from Higher Fold lane.
The gully has not been emptied.
The Clerk has requested an update from Andy Simpson.
(c) A SIGN FOR THE ENTRANCE “HIGHER FOLD”. – Ongoing
14. THE GENERAL CONDITION OF THE PARISH
(a) RAINOW ROAD
(b) CLIFF LANE – GULLIES
26.4.2017 Cheshire East Council / Ansa advised the following;-
The road gully has now been cleared which should now prevent the water discharge down the carriageway. We are aware of the deteriorating condition of the water sett and will be looking to arrange for this to be cleared of vegetation and remedial work carried to the carriageway edge. The new street nameplate is ordered and will be erected as part of a package of similar works. – On going.
ITEMS DISCUSSED TO BE INCORPORATED INTO NEXT MONTHS AGENDA.
- The Condition of the Recreation Ground – The grass needs cutting and the chain and swing seats, which were cracked, have been taken away.
- Swanscoe Lane – The overgrown trees branches are hitting large vehicles. Pot holes are causing damage to cars.
- Defibrillator Telephone Box – It needs cleaning and requires a light bulb.
- Roewood Lane / Rainow Road Junction – The wall has been hit again. Taking the corner off the entrance to the road to be looked in to as a possible solution to the problem, including one of safety as the turn is very tight.
15. WEB SITE
The Clerk has been advised our Web Site does not meet all the requirements of the Transparency code. When it was built several years ago it was not set up to accommodate the Transparency code as it exists now.
The Clerk to look into the funding and options available.
16. ROAD CLOSURE – B5470 RAINOW ROAD
The reasons, problems and benefits of the road closure were discussed.
Meeting ended approx. 7pm.
THE DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING, OUR ANNUAL PARISH COUNCIL MEETING WILL BE WEDNESDAY 26th August 2017 AT 6pm.