PARISH COUNCIL MEETING 27TH JULY 2016

ANNUAL PARISH COUNCIL MEETING 27th July 2016

PRESENT: – Councillors – Mr R Buckley (Chair), Mrs E Wilson (Vice Chair), Mr N Eardley, Mr P Torr, Mr C Fleming, Mr R Buckingham, Mr A Broadhurst, & Mrs W Carter (Clerk)

Cllr. Amanda Stott

1. APOLOGIES – Mrs M Street, Cllr. J. Weston

2. DECLARATION OF INTEREST – None

3. CHAIRPERSON’S ANNOUNCEMENTS –

4. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING HELD 25th May 2016.

Approved and signed.

5. CLERK TO GIVE UPDATE ON THE FOLLOWING:

(a) Current Bank Balance – statement to 8th July 2016 – £5240.01

(b) VAT update – £350.41 Received.

(c) AUDIT – ANNUAL RETURN is at the external auditors.

Appendix 5 – “Period for the Exercise of Public Rights Accounts for the Year ended 31 March 2016 has been displayed on the notice boards and the web site. It commenced on the 13th June 2016 and ended on the 22nd July 2016.

(d) Salary Standing Order.

Due to retiring from CEC the Clerks tax code has changed and the amount paid to HMRC each month is to be reduced by £19.80 and the salary standing order increased accordingly.

6. AUTHORISATION OF PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS

27.6.2016 HMRC – Income tax                    £130.20       Chq. No. 000790

27.6.2016 JDH Business Services Ltd.          £174.00       Chq. No. 000791

27.6.2016 Zurich Insurance                        £287.19       Chq. No. 000792

27.6.2016 Audit Postage. W. Carter             £6.45           Chq. No. 000793

7. PLANNING COMMITTEE TO CONSIDER AND COMMENT ON ANY PLANNING

16/2982M
Single storey rear extension and first floor side extension
The Old Stables, 10, Whitney Croft, Macclesfield, Cheshire, SK10 1RQ
Issued to Planning Committee 24.6.2016No objections

8. TO RECEIVE AND NOTE ANY PLANNING DECISIONS

Ongoing – Officer’s are still assessing if the requirements of the Enforcement Notice 07/00047E for the large polytunnel have been fully complied in respect of areas of hardstanding which remain on site.

Vinny Jones from Cheshire East Planning Enforcement has advised that the officer dealing with this case is on sick leave following a heart attack and they have another officer on maternity leave which leaves them very short staffed. He will discuss the matter with another senior officer to see if they can move this matter forward.

9. REVIEW AND DISTRIBUTE CORRESPONDENCEBusiness Banking Trading Activity Review FormCompleted and sent off by the ClerkEmail 28.6.2016 from a resident advising he has requested CEC to trim the bush

surrounding our damaged notice board, which blocks his view when he exits his drive onto Rainow Road. Also the bin has disappeared.

10. PAVED SEATING AREA AT HIGHER FOLD

It was agreed that our maintenance man carry out the work at the costs detailed below.

  • Supply materials and make good the stone area as discussed with our Councillor Andy Broadhurst. – £150 labour and £30 materials
  • The supply and fitting of a new post so that the parking sign can be repositioned in front of the stone paved area. A new post + delivery £50 and labour £40.

The total cost will be £270.00.

We now have a problem with branches overhanging the seat belonging to the owner of the corner property. As the trees are dead, this is a health and safety issued in need of urgent action. Cllrs. Ciaran Fleming and Andy Simpson to discuss the matter with the owner.

11.SID  -The SID is to remain at its existing site due to the following reasons:-In order for the SID to work accurately, it must be located on the nearside of the carriageway facing oncoming traffic, not on the offside as proposed.The narrow footway width and the presence of numerous items of street furniture, such as telegraph poles, street lighting columns etc.,  makes it difficult to site the device without affecting the existing underground and overhead services, or adding more clutter along the road.

The proximity of the houses to the footway will generate complaints from residents if they have a flashing sign within close proximity of their front windows as this will be slightly intrusive.

There are a number of pinch points along the footway that make it difficult to erect the SID without affecting pedestrians especially those using pushchairs and motorised scooters.

The SID device is solar powered and will require direct sunlight for it to work. Locating the SID anywhere along this section of Rainow Road will have a detrimental effect on the battery charging as it will be obscured by houses.

The road alignment on Rainow Road in the vicinity of its junction with Well Lane prevents the SID being sited in that area as there is insufficient clear visibility for the device to detect the speed of approaching traffic. The only clear, straight sections of road are to the northeast of Well Lane, which is too close to the start of the 30mph limit to be effective.

The Clerk to check if our SID flashes the speed limit plus a supplementary message to drivers

12. GENERAL CONDITION OF  PARISH

(a) Well Lane & Rainow Road –  future maintenance.

Well Lane has deteriorated further and is in urgent need of repair and clearing of the saplings and growth on the verges. Andy Simpson did say he would be assessing the road this summer but nothing appears to have happened.

The following information was sent to Andy Simpson but no response has been received.

There are four particular problems with the road surface:

1. Outside number 108 there is a triangular manhole cover which is loose on its seating and when anything goes over it there is a loud banging as it rocks back and forth. Also, the road surface around it is very badly damaged. Some work has been carried out in this area recently but it has not gone far enough to rectify the problem.

2. In the carriage way at the entrance to Cliff Lane there is a triangular manhole with the road surface around it very badly damaged.

3. Outside 41B there are two trenches about twelve feet apart, going the full width of the carriageway which have sunk over time.

4. Opposite number 90 there is a Triangular manhole where all the surrounding surface is starting to crack & sink. There is also a large hole developing at the side of the manhole.

Cllr. Stott to liaise with Andy Simpson to determine what work can be carried out and when.

George & Dragon – A meeting was seen to be held in the grounds of the George & Dragon.

The Clerk to enquire from CEC if any progress is being made with proposals for the site.

Rainow Road – Branches/shrubs are overhanging onto the walkway in the field opposite Collingwood,  making it necessary to walk into the road. The Chairman to have a word with the owner of the land and request they are cut back.

13. GRIT BINS ON ROEWOOD LANE

The residents have been consulted regarding the location of the grit bins the result being that they definitely want a bin on the T junction at the end of the main run of Roewood Lane.

It was decided to move the bin on the corner of Spring Hill to the T junction. The Clerk has asked the council if they would move this bin.

The older bin on Roewood Lane was moved when the Electricity Board carried out work there; it appears to be leaning into the hedge which is making it difficult to open the lid.

The Clerk has asked the council if they will correct the position of the bin.

Andy has sent the query to a Mark Swindells but no reply as yet , The Clerk to request an update.

14.  THE ROAD / FOOTWAY / BINS ON RAINOW ROAD, between Cliffe Lane and the George and Dragon.

The Parish Council had been informed it had been agreed with the residents that the bins be kept in the relevant gardens to leave the footpaths clear. Two dwellings have complied with this request; the other bins still remain on the walkway resulting in a serious safety issue due to prams having to be wheeled into the road to get around the bins.

The Clerk to contact Paul Coverney at Ansa and request further action be taken.

15. THE WEB SITE.

Audit docs have been incorporated on the web site incompliance with the instructions and timescales received from the internal and external auditors.

Further historical information has been gathered by Cllrs. E. Wilson who liaised with the Clerk to combine the information.

Cllr. Wilson has since written down more information which she read out during the meeting and it was appreciated by everyone. A further meeting is to take place to finalise the articles, which may be incorporated on to the web site in phases.

The Clerk to find out if we can advertise in the Macclesfield Express for any photos or known local history in Higher Hurdsfield.

The web site may also include details of the New Dementure meeting room, next to Hurdsfield Library, planned to open on the 11th Aug.  2016. which is available to all in Higher Hurdsfield Parish. Volunteers are needed to assist in this project.

16.  REPLACEMENT NOTICE BOARD

Quotes have been obtained and the search for a “like for like” replacement is ongoing

Difficulty is being experienced finding one the same quality. The Chairman is to speak to Paul Keep to enquire if he knows where they are manufactured.

The Clerk to request a price from our maintenance man to remove the existing damaged notice board and cut back the shrub.

17. The TOUR OF BRITAIN

Cllr. R. Buckingham to put the route map and details onto the Parish Council web site.

The Council could not warrant spending the precept on decorations etc.

18. Recreation Ground Signs & Replacement Spring.

A sign has been erected in the recreation ground, which includes “ball games are not allowed”.

The Clerk to check if a new spring has been fitted on the gate.

 

The meeting ended approx. 7.15pm

The next meeting to be held on Wednesday 28th Sept. 2016 at 6pm.

Comments are closed.