Parish Council Meeting 30th September 2015

PRESENT: – Councillors – Mr R Buckley (Chair), Mrs E Wilson (Vice Chair), Mrs M Street, Mr N Eardley, Mr P Torr, Mr C Fleming,  Mr R Buckingham & Mrs W Carter (Clerk)

 Cllr Amanda Stott

 1. APOLOGIES – Mr. A Broadhurst

 2. DECLARATION OF INTEREST – None

 3. PUBLIC FORUM –   None.

 4. CHAIRPERSON’S ANNOUNCEMENTS.

Two previous items on the agenda raised by members of the Parish appeared to have been actioned/investigated as far as possible. The Clerk wrote to the people involved to thank them and enquire if they are satisfied with action taken or if they require further involvement from the Parish Council. The replies were as follows:-

Scotwood Nursery. Enforcement Notice 13/00013E – Not satisfied with the outcome, the Parish Council to pursue the matter further. See item 10 in these minutes.

Dog fouling in the recreation ground. – A satisfactory outcome, no further action required at the present time.

5. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING HELD 22nd July 2015 Approved and signed.

6. MELISSA MELLOR – Police Community Support Officer.

Did not attend the meeting. Reason unknown.  The Clerk to advise of the date of the next meeting.

7.CLERK TO GIVE UPDATE ON THE FOLLOWING:

(a) Current Bank Balance – statement to 8th Sept. 2015 – £8276.37

This amount includes a precept payment of £2,000 paid into the account on 1st September 2015.

(b) Audit – We have now received the audit documents back from the external auditor BDO LLP. The External Auditor Report stated “on the basis of our review of the annual return, in our opinion the information in the annual return is in accordance with proper practices and no matters have come to our attention giving cause for concern that relevant legislation and regulatory requirements have not been met”.

The annual Return was approved and accepted by the Council.

A matter not affecting the auditor’s opinion which they brought to our attention was:-

The council had not submitted a VAT return to HM Revenue & customs during the year.

A VAT repayment request had been made just after the year end and a BACS Remittance Advice has been received. Ref UB8884 310313 to 310315 amount £496.52. The outstanding VAT repayment had been taken into account when setting the Precept.

Following the recommendations of BDO LLP a further VAT repayment request will be sent immediately following payment of the defibrillator, which is our only purchase reaching the £100 limit for a claim.

The conclusion of the audit and access to inspecting the audit return was displayed for 14 days.

No fee was charged for the audit.

The clerk to liaise with the internal auditor to select a date range for the inspection period during which an elector may exercise their rights following approval of the annual return.

(c)Risk Assessments. Our maintenance man has carried out the corrective action required i.e. the bench has been rubbed down and repainted at Swanscoe. This work will be invoiced at the end of the financial year.

8. AUTHORISATION OF PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS

Zurich Insurance                                 £277.49          chq. No. 000773

HMRC Income Tax                              £150.00          chq. No. 000774

HC Vickerman Web Hosting              £ 45.00           chq. No. 000775

W, Carter “No Dogs Allowed” sign. £12.99        chq. No. 000776      

9. PLANNING COMMITTEE TO CONSIDER AND COMMENT ON ANY PLANNING APPLICATIONS.

The follow applications were carefully reviewed by our Planning Committee.

Application No: 15/3495M
Proposal: Porch Extension
Location: 19, CLARENDON DRIVE, MACCLESFIELD, CHESHIRE, SK10 2QQ
National Grid Ref: 393053374176

 NO OBJECTIONS

Application No: 15/4097M
Proposal: Variation of Conditions 2 & 5 (14/4250M) Side extension and alterations to the existing dwelling.
Location: THE SHIPPON, Doncasterhill Farm, Well Lane, Rainow, Macclesfield, SK10 5SY

NO OBJECTIONS

10. TO RECEIVE AND NOTE ANY PLANNING DECISIONS.

The Enforcement Notice in respect of the two timber buildings has been complied with and the buildings removed from the land, however, in respect of Enforcement Notice 07/00047E for the large polytunnel, Officer’s were assessing if the requirements of the Notice have been fully complied  in respect of areas of hardstanding which remain on site.

The Clerk has emailed Vinny Farrell CEC to ask if a decision has been made on the hardstanding.

11. REVIEW AND DISTRIBUTE CORRESPONDENCE

Our Town Mayor, Cllr. Angela Williams, will be holding her Civic Dinner on Friday 8th April 2016 at Bollington Civic Hall.  Formal invitations will follow nearer the date please make a note of this in the diary. 

CVS Cheshire East Training News – September 2015

12.SID

A member of the parish reported her concern about the speed of traffic on Rainow Road since the parking restrictions for residents have been enforced; she stated it had increased dramatically.

The location of the SID was discussed and the Clerk is to request the statistics from the SID to see if it would be beneficial to relocate to a different stretch of the road.

13. PARKING OUTSIDE THE GEORGE & DRAGON

A Lady from the parish has complained about the danger caused by traffic parking along the road outside the George and Dragon making it difficult to flag down buses.

Paul Kenyon from Cheshire East Highways advised it would be a very expensive operation to move the bus stop, for what would be a temporary measure. It would require the removal of the existing surface of the carriageway, resurfacing and then applying new markings and associated bus stop post and sign. The request would have to be made via the Local Highways Group and prioritised for funding.

14. NOTICE BOARD RE-LOCATION / REPAIR

Cllr. Torr to erect the notice board in the bus shelter.

15. AUTOMATED EXTERNAL DEFIBRILLATOR

Cllr. Buckley has been extremely lucky to find two generous ladies Bev & Hollie Wild, who have cleaned the phone box free of charge and will continue to give it a monthly clean as a sponsorship gesture. A card advising of their services will be put in the phone box.

The BT logos need to be removed and more work may be required removing fittings but we will not know for definite until the electrician advises.

The defibrillator has been ordered and is expected very shortly. The company will also provide an electrician at an additional cost of £100 + VAT and liaise with Nick Blair to arrange training. How we advise and invite people to attend the training was discussed.

The Clerk to contact Nick Blair to see if there are standard procedures and templates for this purpose, how many people in each training session etc.

16. THE GENERAL CONDITION OF THE PARISH

(a) Rainow Road Grids – The grids have not been cleaned despite several requests.

Andy Simpson has been asked to give an update.

It is thought that the rain flushing the surface down from the unadopted road near the recreation ground is to blame for some of the blockage.

 (b) Broken small grid covers

The grid covers have been replaced.

(C) Three Faulty Road Lights –

CEC have replacing the street lights with halogen bulbs.

(d) Cliff Lane Gully

Andy Simpson was unable to make contact with Mr Wood at the time of his inspection but noted to pond level had drastically reduced. This could be due to the dry weather or possibly due to Mr Wood sorting the overflow. The gully opposite the farm is still to be emptied; Andy Simpson will chase operations on this one.

17. THE CONDITION OF THE RECREATION GROUND.

 (a) Waste Bin – The Clerk has sent a map showing the location to Wesley Hutton, the bin has not yet been put in place.  Cllr. Stott offered to assist if needed.

The Clerk to chase.

(b) Perished Matting–Cllr. Stott has contacted Ansa and requested the remedial work be carried out.  Stuart Barber from Ansa has advised it will be completed this week.

The Clerk to request an update on the matter.

(c) No dogs allowed sign- A metal “No Dogs Allowed” sign has been purchased and Cllr. Torr will fix it onto the gate of the recreation ground.

18. UPDATING & MAINTENANCE OF THE WEB SITE.

Haydn Vickers has advised the hosting services have disabled the statistics feature sometime ago. He would be required now to add code to the website to get Google analytics operable going forward. The Clerk is to register with the Google analytic Site and liaise with Haydn to obtain future statistics.

Cllrs. Mrs. Wilson & Mrs. M Street to put together some memories of the past and liaise with the clerk for them to be posted on the web site.

19. Grit Bins

The grit bins have to be monitored to ensure adequate holes have been drilled to allow water to drain out when necessary and the level of grit is adequate. The following councillors to be responsible:-

Cllr. Buckley – Cliffe Lane, Cllr. Eardley – Well Lane, Cllr. Buckingham – Roewood Lane.

The meeting ended approx. 7.15pm

The next meeting to be held on 28th October. 2015 at 6pm

Comments are closed.