PARISH COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES 20th January 2016

 PRESENT: – Councillors – Mr R Buckley (Chair), Mrs E Wilson (Vice Chair), Mr N Eardley, Mr R Buckingham, Mr C Fleming, Mr A Broadhurst, & Mrs W Carter (Clerk)

1. APOLOGIES –Mrs M Street, Mr P Torr, Cllr. Amanda Stott & Cllr. J. Weston

2. DECLARATION OF INTEREST – None

3. PUBLIC FORUM

Andrew Haldane who has recently corresponded with the Parish Council, spoke briefly about his concerns with the proposed redevelopment of the King’s Junior School site off Fence Avenue.

As the area is outside the boundary of Higher Hurdsfield the Parish Council had not been requested to give its’ response to the plans. The Councillors can give their opinion as individuals.

4. CHAIRPERSON’S ANNOUNCEMENTS

The Clerk was presented with a belated Christmas card from the Councillors.

An invitation to attend Cheshire Constabulary Rural Crime Conference Mon 29th February 2016 has been received and in view of the recent spate of crime in our parish the Chairman recommended a representative attend.

The Chairman volunteered and Cllr. Eardley and Cllr. Torr will be asked if they can also attend. Cllr. Wilson also volunteered.

5. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING HELD 16th December 2015

Approved and signed.

6. CLERK TO GIVE UPDATE ON THE FOLLOWING:

(a) Current Bank Balance – statement to 8th January 2016 – £4697.89

Cllr. J. Weston provided details of interest paying bank accounts available to Parish and Town Councils, with a view to transferring £3,000 into such an account. They do not appear to be suitable for small amounts. The Chairman to visit our NatWest Bank to see if they have any suitable accounts we may transfer into.

7. AUTHORISATION OF PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS

G. Archer – Memorial removal        £150.00    Chq. No. 000781

8. PLANNING COMMITTEE TO CONSIDER AND COMMENT ON ANY PLANNING APPLICATIONS.

15/5677M
Change of use from Sunday School (D1) to dwelling house (C3) and ancillary sound recording studio (B1c)
Higher Hurdsfield Sunday School and Church, Rainow Road, Macclesfield, Cheshire East, SK10 2PFLast date for responses 4.2.2016.

The issue of noise was discussed and was thought not to be a problem.

The Parish Council Planning Committee has no objections to the application and thinks it will be an asset to the Parish.

9. TO RECEIVE AND NOTE ANY PLANNING DECISIONS.

Ongoing – Officer’s are still assessing if the requirements of the Enforcement Notice 07/00047E for the large polytunnel have been fully complied  in respect of areas of hardstanding which remain on site.

The Clerk emailed Vinny Farrell CEC to ask if a decision has been made on the hardstanding and the response was as follows:-

I realise that his matter has been ongoing for some time, however it is a complex site and Officers are still consulting with the Legal Services over the outstanding matters. – Ongoing

10. REVIEW AND DISTRIBUTE CORRESPONDENCE Cheshire Constabulary Rural Crime Conference Mon 29th February 2016See Chairman’s Announcements.

An invitation to enter “The Community Pride Competition”.

It was decided that although we make every effort to keep the Parish tidy we do

not have community facilities to compete.

11.SIDA suitable location for the SID to be re-sited was again discussed and it was thought this was to be requested via our Ward Councillor Amanda Stott.- on going12. AUTOMATED EXTERNAL DEFIBRILLATOR

An electrician has assessed the supply in the phone box with a view to installing the defibrillator and an earth is required. The work will be carried out as soon as possible.

Saturday 30th January 2016 has been agreed with Nick Blair and the Holy Trinity Church to carry out the defibrillator training. Two courses are to run at 1pm & 3pm. The response to the letter sent out to the Parish has been really encouraging and it may be another course would be needed in the future.

The Clerk to finalise the times etc. with the people attending the course.

Unfortunately the glass panels in the phone box are very scratched and etched with the BT logo; it does not look like it is to house a defibrillator.

Cllr. Broadhurst has enquired with a neighbour if his company can provide suitable signage on the glass to improve the looks and indicate it is housing a defibrillator. The Chairman, Cllr. Broadhurst and the neighbour to visit the phone box, discuss the options and obtain a quote.

13.GENERAL CONDITION OF THE PARISH

(a) Dog Fouling near Lower Fold Farm

Dog fouling has become a regular problem on the footpath between Lower Fold Farm and the unadopted road. Cllr. M. Street to give Cllr. E. Wilson the can of spray chalk to high light the problem areas. No further update has yet been received. – ongoing

(b) Well Lane, overgrown.

Well Lane – The large drain got blocked, the road flooded and was closed. The blockage has now cleared itself.

It appears the grass/weeds etc. have been sprayed and will die down.

There are approx. 30 to 40 Ash saplings running along the side of the road which need removing.

The Clerk to thank Ansa for the work they have carried out and ask them what work is programmed for the future.

Other

Grit Bins

Requests for a grit bin have been received from residents around Roewood Avenue. Various locations have been put forward. Cllr. Buckingham to speak to the people who have contacted us and any other interested parties with a view to determining the most suitable location for a bin. Relocation of a bin purchased last year, or the purchase of a new bin was discussed.

Roewood Lane has recently been swept and is looking good.

Stone Flagged Area

The stone flagged area at the entrance of the un-adopted road off Rainow Road has again been damaged, not badly and not in an area that can cause any type of injury. A repair was not thought to be needed at this point.

The Clerk to carry out a risk assessment.

14.  THE ROAD / FOOTWAY / BINS ON RAINOW ROAD, between Cliffe Lane and the George and Dragon.

Andy Simpson from the Highways has advised this section of footway is to be considered for inclusion in the next round of Level 2 footway repairs. He will however, arrange for these areas to be inspected and if any exceed their intervention level for footway or carriageway defects, he will arrange an appropriate repair. We have received no further update, the Clerk to chase.

The Chairman has made further enquiries to Ansa to see if they can help resolve the problem.

The Chairman to phone Ansa to enquire if any progress has been made.

15. THE WEB SITE.

The website needs a service, certain commands are not working. The Clerk to contact Haydn to request the service is carried out.

Further historical information is required to be included on the web site by Cllr. Wilson.

16  The War Memorial & James Hill Memorial at the Sunday School.

Both memorials are now on display in Christ Church with notices explaining what they are and where they came from, with an acknowledgment to Higher Hurdsfield Parish Council and the new owners of the building for saving them.

The meeting ended approx. 7. 00pm

The next meeting to be held on th March 2016 at 6pm

Comments are closed.