PARISH COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES 25th May 2016

 

ANNUAL PARISH COUNCIL MEETING 25th May 2016

 PRESENT: – Councillors – Mr R Buckley (Chair), Mrs E Wilson (Vice Chair), Mr N Eardley, Mr P Torr, Mrs M Street, Mr C Fleming, Mr R Buckingham, Mr A Broadhurst, & Mrs W Carter (Clerk)

Cllr. Amanda Stott

1. APOLOGIES – Cllr. J. Weston

2. DECLARATION OF INTEREST – None

3. TO ELECT A CHAIRMAN OF THE COUNCIL.

Richard Buckley was nominated for Chairman by Andy Broadhurst seconded by Ciaran Fleming and unanimously elected.

4.  TO RECEIVE THE CHAIRMAN’S DECLARATION OF ACCEPTANCE OF OFFICE.

Richard Buckley accepted and signed The Declaration of Acceptance of Office for Parish Councils.

5. TO ELECT A VICE-CHAIRMAN OF THE COUNCIL.

Eileen Wilson was nominated for Vice-Chairperson by Ciaran Fleming, seconded by Maureen Street, unanimously elected and accepted the position.

6. TO APPOINT COMMITTEES:-

As paper copies of Planning Applications are no longer sent to the council, it was necessary for all members of the Planning Committee to be on-line. The following members were nominated and elected:-  Peter Torr, Andy Broadhurst and Robert Buckingham

7. REVIEW:- INSURANCE POLICY – STANDING ORDERS – RISK ASSESSMENTS

The following were reviewed by the Council and no changes are required:-

  • The Standing Orders
  • Financial Risk Assessment
  • Procedure for Risk Assessment of Parish Councils Responsibilities. As previously documented.
  • Code of Conduct
  • Clerks Contract of Employment.

8. PUBLIC FORUM – None

9. CHAIRPERSON’S ANNOUNCEMENTS – Expressed his disappointment that no members of the parish attended the Annual Parish Meeting the previous month.

Thanked all the Councillors and the Clerk for their efforts over the last 12 months.

Advised he had attended a meeting in Hurdsfield, concerning the conversion of a property to a Dementia Cafe and the re-opening of the library to be run by volunteers.

The cafe will be open to all to drop in for a drink and a chat. Volunteers for both the cafe and the library are required.

10. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING HELD 27th April 2016.

Approved and signed.

11. CLERK TO GIVE UPDATE ON THE FOLLOWING:

(a) Current Bank Balance – statement to 8th May 2016 – £5365.19

Which includes a refund of £182.27 from Cardiac Science for the Installation.

(b) VAT update – £350.41 being reclaimed up to the 31st March 2016.

Form completed and sent to HM Revenue & Customs, no money received as yet.

(c) AUDIT – ANNUAL RETURN

SECTION 1 – Annual Governance Statement 2015/2016

 All 9 items on this section were read out by the Chairman, discussed, agreed by the Council and signed by both the Chairman and the Clerk.

Section 2 Accounting Statements 2015/2016 of the Annual Return to be discussed after the next item on the agenda.

12. AUTHORISATION OF PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS

25.5.2016 Renewal SLCC Membership        £77.00            Chq. No. 000788

25.5.2016 Printer Ink W. Carter                £33.99            Chq. No. 000789

Continued Item 11.

ANNUAL RETURN

SECTION 2. Accounting Statements 2015/2016

All Councillors present reviewed and approved the account records, variation explanation, bank reconciliations, bank statements, assets record and all other documentation being sent to the internal auditor. The Annual Return figures were checked, approved and signed by the Chairman and the Clerk.

Concern was expressed by the Chair that the administration costs appeared high. This was discussed and as the administration costs included arranging for other bodies to carry out road repairs, road cleaning, recording traffic speed, cutting of overgrown hedges, street light repairs etc. at no further cost to the Parish council, the administration costs were thought to be money well spent.

13. PLANNING COMMITTEE TO CONSIDER AND COMMENT ON ANY PLANNING

None

14. TO RECEIVE AND NOTE ANY PLANNING DECISIONS.

Ongoing – Officer’s are still assessing if the requirements of the Enforcement Notice 07/00047E for the large polytunnel have been fully complied in respect of areas of hardstanding which remain on site.

Vinny Jones from Cheshire East Planning Enforcement has advised that the officer dealing with this case is on sick leave following a heart attack and they have another officer on maternity leave which leaves them very short staffed. He will discuss the matter with another senior officer to see if they can move  this matter forward.

15. REVIEW AND DISTRIBUTE CORRESPONDENCE

Email from Cllr. Weston – Hurdsfield community Centre

16.SID  –

Cllr. Stott has discussed with Cllr. Fleming the site thought to be most suitable for the SID to be re-located The site is across the road from the George and Dragon, facing oncoming traffic on the opposite side of the road travelling into Macclesfield. Cllr. Stott to contact Andy Simpson in CEC Highways Dept. to arrange for this work to be carried out. The existing post is to remain and a new post to be put in situ. The shrub in this area will also need to be cut back.

17. AUTOMATED EXTERNAL DEFIBRILLATOR

A minor problem had occurred with the defibrillator which has now been sorted out.

A notice acknowledging the company “Wild About Cleaning”  contribution in cleaning the booth free of charge, has been put on the outside of the phone box and they will keep an eye on the condition of the phone box.

Cardiac Science has transferred the agreed credit for the installation of the defibrillator.

The CPAD AED Site Weekly Check Sheet completed by a Councillor and emailed to the North West Ambulance Service on monthly basis is considered to be an adequate risk assessment of this apparatus and area. Copies of these emails to be sent to the Clerk for her records.

18. GENERAL CONDITION OF  PARISH

PAVED SEATING AREA AT HIGHER FOLD

Three of the large stone flags from the end of the plinth of the paved area, were found strewn across the footpath. It appears that yet again, a vehicle has reversed into the raised paved area causing the damage.

It was agreed that just carrying out a repair would not resolve the problem, it need something visual that people could see when reversing making them aware of the restricted area.

After further discussion it was decided the “Parking” sign should be moved to the front of the plinth. This would serve two purposes, it would be more apparent that parking was available via the unadopted road and it could be seen when reversing.

The paved area is to be reduced back and made good and the planted area to be attended too.

The Clerk to email our maintenance man to advise Cllr. Broadhurst would be contacting him, to enquire if he is able to carry out the work..

The Clerk to find out the price for a robust new post

(a) Well Lane, overgrown.

There are approx. 30 to 40 Ash saplings running along the side of the road which need removing and the sides of the road still need clearing.

The Clerk wrote to Andy Simpson from the Highways Dept. with regard to the verges growing into the road and again requesting the removal of the saplings.

Andy Simpson replied on the 11.05.2016 as follows:-

“Our Velocity repairs programme prioritises A and B roads in the first instance. We then target other roads and repair all actionable defects. I am not aware of any significant defects on Well Lane so this will be a lesser priority than others within the Borough.

 Regarding the trees and overgrowth issues, we will assess again this summer and arrange to remove as necessary.”

Further discussions confirmed that large wagons are continually churning up Rainow Road, in some areas the road was sinking, some potholes exceeded the permissible depth and should be repaired; an area around a triangular cover was sinking etc. The clerk to be advised by email of the exact location of the repairs required near the George and Dragon by Cllr. Richard Buckley and other areas on Rainow Road by Cllr. Andy Broadhurst.

Cllrs. Norman Eardley and Peter Torr both confirmed that Well Lane does have significant defects which are in need of urgent repair.

The Clerk will collate the information received and email it to Cllr. Stott who will then contact Andy Simpson to see what can be done to improve the situation.

19. GRIT BINS ON ROEWOOD LANE

The residents have been consulted regarding the location of the grit bins the result being that they definitely want a bin on the T junction at the end of the main run of Roewood Lane.

It was decided to move the bin on the corner of Spring Hill to the T junction. The Clerk has asked the council if they would move this bin.

The older bin on Roewood Lane was moved when the Electricity Board carried out work there; it appears to be leaning into the hedge which is making it difficult to open the lid.

The Clerk has asked the council if they will correct the position of the bin.

No reply as yet, the Clerk to chase.

20.  THE ROAD / FOOTWAY / BINS ON RAINOW ROAD, between Cliffe Lane and the George and Dragon.

The Parish Council had been informed it had been agreed with the residents that the bins be kept in the relevant gardens to leave the footpaths clear. Two dwellings have complied with this request; the other bins still remain on the walkway resulting in a serious safety issue due to prams having to be wheeled into the road to get around the bins.

The Clerk has again contacted CEC and has received an apology for not replying but no confirmation of what action can be taken to remedy the situation.

The Clerk to chase.

21. THE WEB SITE.

Audit docs to be incorporated on the web site incompliance with the instructions and timescales received from the internal and external auditors.

Further historical information has been gathered by Cllrs. E. Wilson and M. Street are to meet with the Clerk to finalise an article for the web site.

The web site may also include details of the New Dementia  meeting room, next to Hurdsfield Library, planned to open on the 16th June 2016. which is available to all in Higher Hurdsfield Parish. Volunteers are needed to assist in this project.

22.  REPLACEMENT NOTICE BOARD

Quotes have been obtained and the search for a “like for like” replacement is ongoing

The Clerk to clarify with the Insurance Company the max. amount of money they will provide for the replacement board.

23. The TOUR OF BRITAIN

Cllr. J. Weston emailed to inform us that Bollington has agreed to set aside £1,000 to promote Bollington and he wondered if Higher Hurdsfield wanted to join in with the activity and use some of its’ funds to get the community together to back this event i.e. “The Tour of Britain” which is coming right the way through the Bollington, Kerridge and Higher Hurdsfield Ward on the 6th September.

As we do not have a school or community hall within Higher Hurdsfield it is difficult to get people within the parish together and involve. We could not warrant spending the Precept money as we only receive £4,000 per annum.

The Clerk will obtain further details and the route map which will be sent to Cllr. R. Buckingham to put on the Parish Council web site and give more thought to what we could do to celebrate the event in the parish.

24. Recreation Ground Signs

Ansa are to supply and erect a replacement sign advising the area is unsuitable for the playing of ball games.

The sign has been ordered but not yet erected. The Clerk to chase.

Cllr. P. Torr advised the gate requires a new spring, the Clerk to request a replacement.

The meeting ended approx. 7.30pm

The next meeting to be held provisionally on 29th June 2016 at 6pm.

Date to be confirmed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Comments are closed.