PARISH COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES 25th October 2012

                     

 

PARISH COUNCIL MEETING    25th October 2012

 PRESENT: – Councillors – Mr R Buckley (Chair), Mrs E Wilson (Vice Chair), Mrs M Street, Mr N Eardley, Mr R Buckingham & Mrs W Carter (Clerk).

 1. APOLOGIES – Councillors, Mr P Torr, Mr C Fleming, Mrs L Foster, Mr P Hayes & Mr B Livesley.

 2. PUBLIC FORUM –   None

 3. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING HELD 27th September 2012

 4. CHAIRPERSON’S ANNOUNCEMENTS –  None

 5. CLERK TO GIVE UPDATE ON THE FOLLOWING:

Current Bank Balance – 8th Oct. 2012  £7,278.5

Copies of Code of Conduct given to Councillors E.Wilson, M. Street & N. Eardley.

General Notice of Registerable Interests – signed copy given to Clerk by Cllr. Buckingham.

Councillor Buckley to complete on line and send direct.

 The Precept must be agreed at the next meeting. In order to do this ideas for our next project must be discussed and an approximate cost attached.

 6. PLANNING COMMITTEE TO CONSIDER AND COMMENT ON ANY PLANNING APPLICATIONS NOTIFIED –

Swanscoe developments were discussed.

 7. TO RECEIVE AND NOTE ANY PLANNING DECISIONS.

Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981: Definitive Map and Statement.

Application to Upgrade Public Footpath No.  9 Higher Hurdsfield to Bridleway.

 Resolved – upgrade part of the claimed route to public bridleway status, between points B-C & D-J-E on the committee plan. Also to add a public bridleway the route between points C-G-D and E-F & stop up part of the route between points A-B.

 The application to modify the Definitive Map and Statement to record public bridleway rights between points C-H-I-D as illustrated on the committee plan was refused on the grounds that there was insufficient evidence to show the existence of public bridleway rights. In addition there was evidence to show that the landowner had rebutted the presumed dedication by indicating they had no intention to dedicate the way.

The Modification Order and extinguishment Order will be made in due course, we will be contacted.

 8. AUTHORISATION OF PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS – None

 9. REVIEW AND DISTRIBUTE CORRESPONDENCE

 NATWEST BANK FORM

MAINTAINING ACCURATE CUSTOMER INFORMATION

Completed and sent by 2nd Nov 2012.

 Requests individual details of up to 7 individuals

Including date of birth and nationality.

 POLICE AND CRIME COMMISSIONER ELECTION POSTERS

Displayed on notice board.

 CAME & COMPANY (our insurance company)

AUTUMN PARISH MATTERS

 NORTH WEST SURVEY OF PARISH AND TOWN COUNCILS

Req’d. 3rd Dec. 2012. – Cllr. N. Eardley to complete.

 TOWN AND PARISH COUNCIL CONFERENCE 2012

7TH NOV. 2012 WEDNESDAY 6.30 – 8.30

MIDDLEWICHCOMMUNITYCHURCH

 LAUNCH OF MAJOR CONSULTATION ON FUTURE PLANS

FORCHESHIREFIRE AND RESCUE SERVICE

Cllr. R. Buckley to complete survey on line.

List of meetings – none in Macclesfield.

Poster displayed on notice board.

 PROPOSED TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT REPORT

 LAP HIGHWAY SUB GROUP – CONTACT FOR MINOR IMPROVEMENTS.(CHANGED TO STUART BATEMAN)

 COUNCILLOR WORKSHOP INVITATION –CHESHIREASS. OF LOCAL COUNCILS (Chalc)

15th Nov. 2012 6pm Tarvin community centre

 10. THE GENERAL CONDITION OF THE PARISH

 10.1. Public Footpath/Wheelie Bins

Although the rods have been removed from the steps, the steps are degrading and the condition of this area is still considered unsatisfactory from a safety aspect. Building rubble left and moss has now added to the problem. The wheelie bins are still present. Photos of the area to be sent to Highways/Public Rights of Way requesting this area be cleared of all obstructing items and the steps made good.

10.2 The Condition of Grids on Rainow Road.

On Rainow Road the grids and the land drain leading to the recreation ground are blocked.

The Clerk contacted Andy Simpson from the Highways Dept. regarding cleaning with a request to advise residents not to park cars on the day the cleaning is to be carried out.

The Clerk also to request the unadopted road be levelled as it was a danger to the people using the road to get to the recreation ground.

10.3 Silver Jubilee Tree

Fairway landscapes contacted Cllr. Torr to say they would be planting the tree the week commencing the 29 October 2012.

10.4 Parking on the canal bridge.

A complaint has been made to the Car Parking Dept. at Cheshire East, no reply as yet.

Two wagons parked on the canal bridge caused a 15 minute hold up on Tuesday 21st September at approx. 9.30am. The clerk to again report problems caused by parking on the bridge.

The matter was discussed and it was felt the council could not expect to change this situation; police consider parked cars a method of slowing cars and cannot act unless they are there when a vehicle is causing an obstruction. This item to be taken off the agenda.

11. Reported Burglaries

A further burglary occurred onRoewood Laneon the 20th Sept. 2012.

The Clerk to enquire if the Council can be advised by the Police of any occurrences.

 12. Speed Indictor Device

The Clerk contacted Fiona Seddon for more information regarding their SID, who in turn requested Sgt. Mick Warren to contact the Clerk direct

 13. WEB SITE UPDATE

A summary of the latest website usage stats has been obtained and the usage was lower than expected.

Cllr. L. Foster met with a local resident to obtain further information and will shortly produce the next episode of our “Parish History”.

 The Clerk is making enquiries into the possibility of the Three Crowns once being a police station.

 Cllr. Buckley to provide photos for the history section of the web site. – Ongoing.

 Cllr. L. Foster and the Clerk to liaise and produce a letter which can be delivered to Parish Residents asking for any information/photographs they may have of the Parish. – Ongoing

Meeting ended 7.45pm

Cllr. M. Street suggested the meetings be brought forward to 5pm duringthe dark nights and bad weather. All were in agreement. The Clerk to contact the absent Councillors to enquire if they can attend at this time.

 

 

Our next meeting will be held on Thursday November 29th at 5pm

 

E & O ACCEPTED.

 

Comments are closed.