PARISH COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES 25th OCTOBER 2017

PARISH COUNCIL MEETING 25th October 2017

 PRESENT: – Parish Councillors –  Mr A Broadhurst  (Chair),  Mr C Fleming (Vice Chair), Mr N Eardley,  Mrs M Street,  Mr P Torr,  &  Mrs W Carter (Clerk) .

Cllr. Mr J Nicholas

1.  TO RECEIVE APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE – Parish Councillors –   Mrs E Wilson,  Mr T Simpson & Cllr. Ms A Stott

2.  TO RECEIVE ANY DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST-

Cllr. P.Torr declared his interest in the Planning Application Nos: 17/5239M & 7/5122M and will not take part in any discussions or decisions regarding this matter.

3.  PUBLIC FORUM. – None

4.  CHAIRPERSON’S ANNOUNCEMENTS.  – None

5.  TO APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON THE 27th Sept. 2017.

The minutes were approved and signed.

6.  CLERK TO GIVE AN UPDATE ON THE FOLLOWING,

Current Bank Balance – statement to 5th October 2017 – £5,159.34

NatWest Community Organization Current Account Additional Party Forms were completed by Mr A Broadhurst (Chair), Mr C Fleming (Vice Chair) & Mrs W Carter (Clerk). A NatWest form was completed naming Mr A Broadhurst  (Chair),  Mr C Fleming (Vice Chair) &  Mrs W Carter (Clerk) as additional signatories and removing previous signatories Mr. R. Buckley, Mrs A. Owens & Mrs Lindsey Tucker, this action was approved during the meeting and confirmed by existing signatories Mr. P. Torr and Mrs M. Street signing the form. These forms must now be taken to the bank by the individuals concerned who must produce two forms of identity.

7. AUTHORISATION OF PAYMENTS OF ACCOUNTS.

None.                                    

8. PLANNING COMMITTEE TO CONSIDER AND COMMENT ON ANY PLANNING APPLICATIONS.

Application No:       17/4424M

Proposal:   The conversion of an agricultural building into a dwelling with single-storey rear extension and adjacent car port structure.

Location:   Shoresclough Farm, Well Lane, Higher Hurdsfield, SK10 5SY

The Planning Committee excluding Mr. P. Torr.  who declared an interest, had no objections to the application.

Application No: 17/5122M

Proposal:  Listed Building Consent for conversion of an existing agricultural barn into a dwelling. The barn sits within the cartilage of a listed Farmhouse.

Location: Shoresclough Farm, Well Lane, Higher Hurdsfield, SK10 5SY

The Planning Committee excluding Mr. P. Torr.  who declared an interest, had no objections to the application.

Application No:       17/5099M

Proposal:  Existing south and north elevation, currently brickwork to be rendered. Existing west elevation to be part rendered and part horizontal boarding.

Location:                   Bearda Hill, Bibby’s Lane, Higher Hurdsfield, SK10 2PJ

The Planning Committee had no objections to the application.

Application No:       17/5239M

Proposal:    Listed Building Consent for proposed works to an agricultural building

Location:    Shoresclough Farm, Well Lane, Higher Hurdsfield, SK10 5SY

The Planning Committee excluding Mr. P. Torr.  who declared an interest, had no objections to the application.

Application No:       17/5211M

Proposal:  Remove and build a larger solid roof conservatory

Location:  19, Clarendon Drive, Higher Hurdsfield, Cheshire, Sk10 2QQ

The Planning Committee has not yet examined the application.

9. TO RECEIVE AND NOTE ANY PLANNING DECISIONS. – None

10. REVIEW AND DISTRIBUTE CORRESPONDENCE –

Adam Keppel-Green – Planning Training Course – Knutsford –

Two consecutive evenings in January (Wednesday 10th and Thursday 11th

The course has been fully booked.

Email

A resident reported that the ground was extremely slippery in the area of the apparatus in the recreation ground at Higher Fold. The matter was reported to the Streetscape who have identified the problem and are now arranging for the area to be jet washed. 

11. PARISH COUNCIL CANDIDATE

The Clerk to obtain further names of interested residents.

12. THE ROAD UNDER PRIVATE OWNERSHIP AT HIGHER FOLD

(a) THE CONDITION OF THE ROAD SURFACE.

This road is actually under private ownership. It has not yet been possible to trace the current owners of this road after Alcamey Developments who previously owned the road, ceased trading.

Following a request from Parish Council, Cheshire East Highways have kindly agreed to drop some planings/hardcore off when they have work in the area. The Parish Council will then arrange for the material to be laid.

(b) A request was made to the Highways Dept. for a “DEAD END” sign to be situated below the Higher Fold sign at the junction of Rainow Road and the privately owned road. We were advised that it was not the responsibility of the Highways Dept.

(c) The street lamp in the car park is not working. There have been recent incidents of vandalism and unwelcome behaviour in the car park and also the lamp is very helpful in negotiating the pot holes.

A request was made to the Highways Dept. for the light to be repaired; however they are not responsible for the lighting in this car park. This belongs to CEC Assets.

The Clerk to contact Ansa to request the repair to be carried out.

13. RAINOW ROAD

(a)  Resurfacing – The lower end of Rainow Road has been resurfaced but only up to Lower Fold, it was due to be resurfaced up to Well Lane.

The Highways Dept. have advised that the section from Hulley Road to Well Lane is a high priority for the next financial year for their gripfibre programme, when they will also carry out structural patching near Well Lane.

(b) Replacement Higher Hurdsfield Sign.

Two quotes have been obtained for the sign.

It was unanimously decided that the better quality sign be ordered from GB Signs. The Chairman to confirm the order and advise the clerk to place the official order.

John Denwood the Local Highways Officer has kindly offered to install this sign.

(c) Road Gullies – Concern was raised over the road gullies not being emptied. Gullies near the canal bridge and the George & Dragon Pub have been emptied, but others in between have been left blocked.

The Clerk enquired why these gullies had not been emptied. The Highways Dept. inspected this section and reported there does appear to be a few blocked gullies. These may have been left is because the lids were stuck, in which case they should have had a red tag put on them. Although sometimes if the silt is to the top the operatives can’t get the tag on. If these gullies have not been added to red tag programme, an adhoc job request will be raised which will be carried out within a couple of weeks.

14.   CLIFF LANE – GULLIES + DAMAGED ROAD SIGN.

(a) Remedial work is to be carried to the carriageway edge. – On going.

The new street nameplate is ordered and will be erected as part of a package of similar works.

The Clerk to enquire when this remedial work will be carried out.

(b) The Assessment.

As a result of the meeting held on 7th Sept. 2017 at the Town Hall, attended by Cllr. J. Nicholas and Chairman Cllr. A. Broadhurst, there is going to be an assessment carried out on Cliff Lane.

This assessment is for signage to warn drivers of large vehicles using Sat. Nav. that this road is not suitable for them to navigate and also to establish suitable areas along the road for people to pass in their vehicles.

The assessment funds will come out of this year’s budget £1000 and if any work is then approved that will be from next year’s budget.

Cllr. J. Nicolas to enquire when the assessment will be carried out.

(15) DEFIBRILLATOR TELEPHONE BOX

(a) Frequency of Checks

Concern was raised by the Chairman that the weekly check on the defibrillator runs down the power of the battery because it has to be opened to carry out the checks.

Nicholas Blair has confirmed there is no need to open the AED, a visual check only is required i.e. are the pads in date and is it rescue ready etc.

(b) Cleaning

Cllr. P Torr to arrange for a cleaner to carry out the cleaning of the telephone box once a month. Details to be passed to the clerk.

(c) Light Bulb

The light bulb in the telephone box has been replaced by a new bulb by the Chairman; however the light will still not work. Cllr. C. Fleming to accompany the Chairman to check if power is getting to the bulb. – Ongoing

(d) Location Record

The location of the telephone box housing the defibrillator has not been correctly logged on the list of defibrillators. Attempts have been made to change this however no change has resulted.

Nicholas Blair has asked the link for checking the sites to correct the location, this is a stand alone system which is not connected to their control, the information is correct there.

(16) ROEWOOD LANE / RAINOW ROAD JUNCTION

The wall on the left hand side of this junction as you turn left towards Macclesfield is constantly being hit by vehicles. The Chairman suggested that a small section of the wall be removed which would alleviate the problem and prevent vehicles having to go into the middle of the road in order to turn the corner, which is another safety issue.

The Highways Dept informed us that if they were to remove a section this would leave the drop exposed onto the footway, which would not be ideal as there would be no protection for pedestrians. Also this may result in the kerbs getting damaged from overriding. Installing a marker post was suggested, to make the wall more visible and increase people’s awareness before they manoeuvre out of the junction.

The Parish Council’s thoughts were requested on this matter.

After much discussion, it was agreed that a tall marker post could be helpful but it would not improve the safety of the maneuver out of the junction on to Rainow Road.

The Clerk is to enquire if it would be possible to take down the vulnerable section of wall and raise the level of the footpath.

17. WEB SITE

The Clerk has now updated the web site to include the necessary public notices regarding the audit and account figures plus other relevant documents. She will continue build on this information and acquire confirmation that all requirements have been met to comply with the Transparency code.

18. SID DAMAGED POST

A vehicle has damaged the post hosting the SID.

The Highways Dept. have removed the post and will try and get this repaired within the next four weeks.

19. PARISH NEWS LETTER

The contents and time frame of the news letter was discussed.

Contents suggested – achievements – frustrations – Well Lane – Defibrillator + training – Random Apple Co. – war time history – volunteer with computer expertise.

The project to be completed by our meeting at the end of February.

20. STREET LIGHTING ON CLIFF LANE

Concern has been raised over the removal of 5 street lights at the bottom of Cliff Lane leaving one light on the corner which is not working. This is a safety issue as children walk up the lane.

Cllr. J. Nicholas to look into the matter.

Meeting ended approx.  6.50pm

THE NEXT MEETING WILL BE WEDNESDAY 6TH DECEMBER 2017

 

 

 

Comments are closed.