PARISH COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES 26th JANUARY 2012

PARISH COUNCIL MEETING 26th January 2012

PRESENT: – Councillors – Mr R Buckley (Chair), Mrs E Wilson (Vice Chair), Mrs M Street, Mr P Torr, Mr N Eardley, Mr C Fleming, Mr R Buckingham, Mr P Hayes & Mrs W Carter (Clerk).

1. APOLOGIES Councillors Mr B Livesley & Mrs L Foster.

2. PUBLIC FORUM – None

3. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING HELD 24th November 2011 – Approved and signed following correction to the Financial Forecast total.

4. CHAIRPERSON’S ANNOUNCEMENTS – The Chair has received an invitation to open the Sunday Schools Christmas Fair on Dec. 1st 2012 at 2.30pm. Should any reason arise that may prevent him from carrying out the appointment he requested a Councillor to stand in for him. The Clerk to accept the invitation.

5.CLERK TO GIVE UPDATE ON THE FOLLOWING:

Current Bank Balance – On 8th January 2012 £8,134.51

Bank Signatories – Sufficient signatories are available for the foreseeable future.

6. PLANNING COMMITTEE TO CONSIDER AND COMMENT ON ANY PLANNING APPLICATIONS NOTIFIED

A structure was erected at Swanscoe approx. Nov. 2011. This structure appears to be on wheels and could therefore be classed as a caravan

App. No. 11/4139M

Proposal: PROPOSED PORCH

Location: Lower Swanscoe Farm, Kerridge Rd. Higher Hurdsfield.

No objections raised.

App. No. 12/0197M

Proposal: PROPOSED FREE STANDING TRACKING SOLAR PANELS

Location: Lower Swanscoe Farm, Kerridge Rd. Higher Hurdsfield.

Cllr. Torr expressed an interested in this proposal and therefore abstained from any discussions/investigatations/decisions.

Cllr Buckingham to investigate the implications of the proposal. The Chairman advised him to contact the Planning Dept. for further information if required.

Clerk to email comments before 15.02.2011

7. TO RECEIVE AND NOTE ANY PLANNING DECISIONS. None

8. AUTHORISATION OF PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS –

Clerks Salary 9mths June to Jan 2012 Chq no. 000693 £1665.54

Stationary –envelopes/printer cartridges Chq no. 000694 £51.78

Clerks Expenses 9mths June to Jan 2012 Chq no. 000695 £120.48

Payment to the Clerk has been delayed as HMRC has issued new guidance on the tax treatment of Parish Clerks which requires Parish Councils to have their own tax reference number; Cheshire East have offered to set up the necessary PAYE scheme and have advisedthe cost to our Council would be £3,500 per annum, as our precept is only £5,500 this is out of the question.

As the Clerk is registered self employed, in line with a letter received from the Auditor, she has obtained a letter from HMRC confirming registration and a copy of her accounts, together with invoices will be given to the Parish Council.

Cllr Fleming requested the Clerk’s salary be looked into annual, which was agreed.

9. REVIEW AND DISTRIBUTE CORRESPONDENCE

Dec. issue of THE CVS CHESHIRE EAST NEWSLETTER

CHESHIRE COMMUNITY ACTION

INVITATION for COMMUNITY PRIDE COMPETITION 2012

ARLEY HOMES

AFFORDABLE HOUSING FOR LOCAL & RURAL COMMUNITIES.

The Clerk was requested to check that our Insurance cover was in line with the Came & Company “A Parish Councillor’s Guide to Parish Council Insurance” guide lines specified in the correspondence distributed at our last meeting.

10. THE GENERAL CONDITION OF THE PARISH –

1. Public Footpath – Three metal posts sticking up from the ground between properties 79 and 69 Rainow Road have been reported to Andy Simpson our new Highways contact.

Ongoing

2.Waste Bins – The Waste Depot do not have an enforcement dept. which can request waste bins be removed off the highway. The Clerk has emailed Keith Davies the Community Warden, enquiring if he can resolve the problem and he is looking into the matter.

3. Cleaning Rainow Road.

The hedge has been trimmed. Several Councillors not happy about the state of Rainow Road. Several people clean their own frontages but not everybody. Other roads within the area also need attention, i.e. Roewood Lane.

No. 86 Rainow Road has a dry stone wall that is in need of repair, a stone is on the pavement and the wall may be dangerous. The owner may be making plans to repair the wall, Cllr Street to make enquiries on behalf of the council, if the wall is not made safe.

11. THE NEXT PROJECT

The following projects were discussed:-

a. A new picnic seat and bench for the recreation ground.

It was decided the following be purchased from the approved supplier of the Council, NB Services (2006) Ltd. which were considerably cheaper than Fairway Landscapes Ltd.

The Clerk to obtain a new quote for supply, delivery and fitting, with suitable matting beneath, the following items:-

1 No. Bramcote Picnic table (without wheelchair access)

1 No. Bramcote Picnic table with wheelchair access.

1 No. Eastmoor Seat with seat back.

Cllrs Mrs E Wilson, Mrs M Street, Mr P Torr & Mr C Fleming, to meet at the recreation ground on Tuesday 31st January at 3pm to decide the location of the above. Cllr. Fleming to email the Clerk a sketch of the proposed locations, to enable her to meet with the Leisure Dept. to obtain approval.

A new bin will be considered and a plate be mounted on the bench in commemoration of the Diamond Jubilee.

12. SPEED AND SAFETY.

Cllr Livesly not present, ongoing to the next meeting.

13. WEB SITE UPDATE

The Clerk has received two letters via the website.

One letter expressing concerns about the recent survey carried out in the area. Unfortunately we cannot take any action until a planning application is received.

A second letter suggested Councillors photos to appear on the site, which the Cllrs declined.

An addition link to be incorporated is to be incorporated onto the web site. Cllr Buckingham to carryout out this proposal.

The Chairperson reported he was having difficulties accessing the web site via Google, Cllr Buckingham to investigate.

Cllr Foster has prepared her second instalment for the history section of the web, which was met with great interest. She is just waiting for approval from her sources of information before putting onto the site.

The clerk to send a copy of the Xmas Card and Newsletter to Cllr Buckingham for use on the web site.

 Meeting ended 8.05pm

THE NEXT MEETING WILL BE 23rd February 2012.

Comments are closed.