PARISH COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES 26TH JULY 2017

PARISH COUNCIL MEETING 26th July 2017

 PRESENT: – Parish Councillors –  Mr A Broadhurst  (Chair),  Mrs E Wilson,  Mr N Eardley, Mr P Torr, & Mrs W Carter (Clerk) .

Cllr. Mr J Nicholas

1.  TO RECEIVE APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE – Mrs M Street, Mr C Fleming (Vice Chair),

Cllr. Ms A Stott

2.  TO RECEIVE ANY DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST. – Mr. P. Torr declared an interest in item 8 on the agenda and was therefore excluded from any discussions or decisions regarding this matter.

3.  PUBLIC FORUM. – None

4.  CHAIRPERSON’S ANNOUNCEMENTS.  – None

5.  TO APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON THE 28th June 2017.

The minutes were approved and signed.

6.  CLERK TO GIVE AN UPDATE ON THE FOLLOWING,

(a) Current Bank Balance – statement to 5th July 2017 – £4516.61

(b) Audit Progress

The external auditors have not yet returned our Annual Return for year ending 31.3.2017.

7. AUTHORISATION OF PAYMENTS OF ACCOUNTS.        

The renewal documents received from our insurance were discussed and approved. The premium has increased but only very slightly, from £287.19 to £295.31. We are obliged to stay with this company for the next two years.

Zurich Municipal Insurance         £295.31        Chq. No. 000817

8. PLANNING COMMITTEE TO CONSIDER AND COMMENT ON ANY PLANNING APPLICATIONS.

Application No:       17/3754M

Proposal:                  Conversion of an existing agricultural barn into a dwelling.

Location:                   Shoresclough Farm, Well Lane, Higher Hurdsfield SK10 5SY

National Grid Ref:  393103 374924

The application is to be looked into by our Planning Committee, excluding Mr. P. Torr, the results of which will be sent to the Planning Dept. via the Clerk.

9. TO RECEIVE AND NOTE ANY PLANNING DECISIONS. – none

10. REVIEW AND DISTRIBUTE CORRESPONDENCE –

Invitation to the Mayor of Bollington’s Civic Sunday Parade and Community Celebration

 The Chairman and his wife will attend, the Clerk to confirm.

11. QUOTA OF PARISH COUNCILLORS & EXPERTISE NEEDED.

Two new councillors are now required to be found as soon as possible. Ideally one councillor should be from the Roewood Lane area. Councillor Buckingham has put forward two names of suitable candidate. Cllr. A. Broadhurst to contact the gentleman.

12.  THE DEAD TREES NEAR THE SEATING AREA AT HIGHER FOLD.

The owners of the property on which the trees are situated, have had tree surgeons look at the trees with a view to carrying out remedial work.

To date no remedial work has been carried out and the Council is increasingly worried as the trees are deteriorating and becoming more likely to fall. The Clerk to Contact Andy Simpson to ask if he can write to the owner of the trees requesting work be carried out to make them safe.

13. THE UN-ADOPTED ROAD AT HIGHER FOLD

(a) THE CONDITION OF THE ROAD SURFACE.

24.5.2017 As advised by Patrick Tansey, Senior Valuer, Cheshire East Council

The Deed packet for the adjacently owned site has been requested but not yet received for review unfortunately.  This is required in order to establish whether Cheshire East Council has any legal responsibilities to maintain the road as it is used for access to their land and property. As soon as the documentation has been reviewed you will be contacted further with an update.

The Parish Council has previously received a copy of the above, which did give up to date information with regard to who owns the site.

Cllr. J. Nicholas has also recently spoken to Patrick Tansey who has advised he is taking legal advice to determine if the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 makes them responsible for making the road safe for uses accessing their land and property.

(b) THE DRAINAGE CHANNEL AT THE ENTRANCE.

The gully at the entrance to Higher Fold has now been emptied.

(c) A SIGN FOR THE ENTRANCE “HIGHER FOLD”.

Waiting for a reply from Andy Simpson who is on leave until 1st Aug. 2017. – Ongoing

14. THE GENERAL CONDITION OF THE PARISH

(a)  RAINOW ROAD – Ongoing.

(b)  CLIFF LANE – GULLIES + DAMAGED ROAD SIGN.

26.4.2017 Cheshire East Council / Ansa advised the following;-

The road gully has now been cleared which should now prevent the water discharge down the carriageway. We are aware of the deteriorating condition of the water sett and will be looking to arrange for this to be cleared of vegetation and remedial work carried to the carriageway edge. The new street nameplate is ordered and will be erected as part of a package of similar works. – On going.

Cllr. J. Nicholas advised five proposals had been put forward to improve the use of Cliff Lane. Proposals one and three are to be put forward and are as follows.

(1) A survey to be carried out to establish suitable areas along the road for people to pass in their vehicles. The cost of the survey will be £1000.

(3) Sat Nav. is sending large vehicles up and down Cliff Lane which is too narrow for them to navigate.  A sign post warning of this danger to be positioned at the bottom of the lane in Higher Hurdsfield and at the top of the lane in Rainow.

Cllr. Nicholas to contact Cheshire East and ask them to include these requests on their list for a meeting to be held on the 7th September 2017 at the Town Hall Macclesfield. A limited pot of £70,000 is available, portions of which will be given to the successful applicant.

Cllr. Nicholas advised some member/s of the Parish Council should attend.

(c) THE CONDITION OF THE RECREATION GROUND

The grass has been cut some time ago but not the grass verge between the car park and the unadopted road. The Clerk to enquire when the grass is due to be cut again.

Missing Swings – Steve Cooper advised they took the swing seats down because they were unsafe. New seats are needed and one leg of the frame is nearly rotted through, this has to be replaced. They cannot replace these items as there is no 106 money left in the pot, which is made available for equipment.

Ruth Morgan has now taken over from Cathy Swindles who is on sick leave. Steve Cooper is to advise the Clerk of her contact details. The Clerk to ask when the money will be available and find the cost of supplying the equipment ourselves, although this is highly unlikely as they are very expensive.

A tree is blocking the sign to the recreation ground, the Clerk to request this to be removed.

(d) DEFIBRILLATOR TELEPHONE BOX – It needs cleaning and requires a light bulb. A request sent to the two ladies from the cleaning company but no reply. Has been received. – The Clerk to send one further request.

Cllr. A. Broadhurst to request further details from Mr. R. Buckley with regard to the checks to be carried out on the defibrillator.

(e) ROEWOOD LANE / RAINOW ROAD JUNCTION – The wall has been hit again. Taking the corner off the entrance to the road to be looked in to as a possible solution to the problem, including one of safety as the turn is very tight. –  Reported, waiting for a response.

The Clerk to send off backup photos.

Extra – Swanscoe Lane – The overgrown trees branches are hitting large vehicles. Pot holes are causing damage to cars. Reported, waiting for a response.

15. WEB SITE

The Clerk has been advised our Web Site does not meet all the requirements of the Transparency code. When it was built several years ago it was not set up to accommodate the Transparency code as it exists now.

The Clerk to look into the funding and options available. Next deadline 14th August 2017.

Meeting ended approx. 6.45pm.

 THE NEXT MEETING, WILL BE WEDNESDAY 27th September 2017 AT 6pm

Comments are closed.