Parish Council Meeting Minutes 27th April 2016

PRESENT: – Councillors – Mr R Buckley (Chair), Mrs E Wilson (Vice Chair), Mr N Eardley, Mr P Torr, Mrs M Street, Mr C Fleming, Mr R Buckingham Mr A Broadhurst, & Mrs W Carter (Clerk)

Cllr. J. Weston

1. APOLOGIES – Cllr. Amanda Stott

2. DECLARATION OF INTEREST – None

Items 3 to 7 delayed until our Annual Parish Council Meeting on 25th May 2016

8. PUBLIC FORUM – None

9. CHAIRPERSON’S ANNOUNCEMENTS – None

10. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING HELD 30th March 2016.

Approved and signed.

11. CLERK TO GIVE UPDATE ON THE FOLLOWING:

(a) Current Bank Balance – statement to 8th April 2016 – £5591.44

(b) VAT update – £350.41 being reclaimed up to the 31st March 2016.

Form completed and sent to HM Revenue & Customs.

12. AUTHORISATION OF PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS

Conference Mileage Expenses. R. Buckley       £41.60            chq. No. 000787

13. PLANNING COMMITTEE TO CONSIDER AND COMMENT ON ANY PLANNING

None

14. TO RECEIVE AND NOTE ANY PLANNING DECISIONS.

Ongoing – Officer’s are still assessing if the requirements of the Enforcement Notice 07/00047E for the large polytunnel have been fully complied in respect of areas of hardstanding which remain on site.

The Clerk emailed Vinny Farrell CEC to ask if a decision has been made on the hardstanding and the response was as follows:-

I realise that his matter has been ongoing for some time, however it is a complex site and Officers are still consulting with the Legal Services over the outstanding matters.

The Clerk to request an update.

15. REVIEW AND DISTRIBUTE CORRESPONDENCE

Polling Station Details which are to be displayed on the notice boards.

16.SID  – A suitable location for the SID was investigated by Cllrs. C. Fleming and A. Broadhurst. Finding a suitable location proved difficult as it could not be located outside someone’s house or beneath overhanging trees etc It was decided the most practical location would be near HHPC notice board across the road from the George & Dragon, positioned to catch the speed of the cars on the opposite side of the road.

The Clerk to contact Cllr. Stott to advise of the decision. Cllr. Stott to be shown the location if need be before requesting the relocation of the SID. Ideally the original post would remain and a new post be erected.

17. AUTOMATED EXTERNAL DEFIBRILLATOR

A problem has occurred with the defibrillator, the clerk has contacted the suppliers requesting remedial action to be taken asap. An “Out of Order” notice has been put in the booth.

The Clerk to Chase.

A notice acknowledging the Cleaner’s contribution to be put on the outside of the phone box. The Clerk to contact them to let them know.

Cardiac Science have confirmed they will transfer the agreed credit and the Clerk advised of the bank details.

18. GENERAL CONDITION OF THE PARISH

(a) Well Lane, overgrown.

There are approx. 30 to 40 Ash saplings running along the side of the road which need removing and the sides of the road still need clearing.

The Clerk wrote to Andy Simpson from the Highways Dept. with regard to the verges growing into the road and again requesting the removal of the saplings.

A repair on Rainow Road has been carried out, however only part of the large pot hole has been filled in and the noise of the wagons hitting the pot hole, particularly through the night, is a real problem for the residents.

The Clerk to send in a complaint and advise Cllr. Weston of Ref. no. and he will chase.

19. GRIT BINS ON ROEWOOD LANE

The residents have been consulted regarding the location of the grit bins the result being that they definitely want a bin on the T junction at the end of the main run of Roewood Lane.

It was decided to move the bin on the corner of Spring Hill to the T junction. The Clerk to ask the council if they would move this bin.

The older bin on Roewood Lane was moved when the Electricity Board carried out work there; it appears to be leaning into the hedge which is making it difficult to open the lid.

The Clerk to ask the council if they will correct the position of the bin.

20.  THE ROAD / FOOTWAY / BINS ON RAINOW ROAD, between Cliffe Lane and the George and Dragon.

The Parish Council had been informed it had been agreed with the residents that the bins be kept in the relevant gardens to leave the footpaths clear, this is not happening the bins are being left on the footpaths. Black bin liners may be an option.

Previous residents, some quite elderly always managed to keep the bins off the walkway.

The Clerk made further enquires on the 26 March 2016 to ‘CheshireEastCouncilCustomerServices@cheshireeast.gov.uk’

No reply has been received, the Clerk to chase. This is a serious safety issue due to prams having to be wheeled into the road to get around the bins.

ROADS

Andy Simpson, the Local Highways Officer, Customer Service Team, Cheshire East Highways advised he has noticed the worsening condition of the section of carriageway and it has been added to next year’s Level 2 carriageway repair proposals. In the meantime, they will continue to repair any actionable defects vis the scheduled safety inspection regime.

This section of road is inspected on a 4 monthly basis. The last scheduled inspection was carried out on 14th December 2015 so the next inspection will be mid April 2016. The purpose of these inspections is to identify any defects which fall outside the Authorities intervention levels, which for Carriageways is 50mm and Footways 25mm.

Considering the nature of the defects on Rainow Road, they have recently recommenced with their Velocity patch repair programme and will ensure that the worst areas between Cliff Lane and Well Lane are included in this programme.

A repair on Rainow Road has been carried out, however only part of the large pot hole has been filled in and the noise of the wagons hitting the pot hole, particularly through the night, is a real problem for the residents.

The Clerk to send in a complaint and advise Cllr. Weston of Ref. no. and he will chase.

21. THE WEB SITE.

The website is working okay and has been updated.

Further historical information has been gathered by Cllrs. E. Wilson and M. Street are to meet with the Clerk to finalise an article for the web site.

The web site may also include details of the New Dementure meeting room, next to Hurdsfield Library, planned to open on the 16th June 2016. which is available to all in Higher Hurdsfield Parish. Volunteers are needed to assist in this project.

22.  REPLACEMENT NOTICE BOARD

Quotes have been obtained and the search for a “like for like” replacement is ongoing

The Clerk to ask the new owners of the Sunday School is a poster can be put up at the front of their building on Polling Day advising of the new venue.

23. The George & Dragon

Vinny Farrell from Cheshire East Planning Enforcement Dept. emailed the following update:-

11.4.2016 – I can advise you that I met the owner of this site a couple of weeks ago and discussed the condition of the site.  As a result of this meeting the owner is now considering the potential for a proposed development on this site. So nothing positive yet but at least something may happen in the near future.

24. Recreation Ground Signs

A property backing on to the recreation ground at Higher Fold has had a man trespass on to the property to retrieve a football, by scaling a 7ft. high gate.

There is a very faded sign in the recreation ground advising the area is unsuitable for the playing of ball games.

Ansa are to supply and erect a replacement sign. It has been ordered.

The meeting ended approx. 7.00pm

The next meeting to be held on 25th May 2016

Comments are closed.