PARISH COUNCIL MEETING 27th February 2014
PRESENT: – Councillors – Mr R Buckley (Chair), Mrs E Wilson (Vice Chair), Mr N Eardley Mr C Fleming, Mr. A. Broadhurst & Mrs W Carter (Clerk).
1. APOLOGIES – Mrs M Street, Mr P Torr, Mr. R. Buckingham & Mr P. Hayes
2. DECLARATION OF INTEREST – None
3. PUBLIC FORUM – None
4. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING HELD 30th January 2014
Approved and signed.
5. CHAIRPERSON’S ANNOUNCEMENTS –
6. CLERK TO GIVE UPDATE ON THE FOLLOWING:
(a) Current Bank Balance – statement to 7th Feb.2014 – £7,299.64
7. PLANNING COMMITTEE TO CONSIDER AND COMMENT ON
8. TO RECEIVE AND NOTE ANY PLANNING DECISIONS. – None
9. AUTHORISATION OF PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS
H.C. Vickerman – Web site hosting £45.00 Chq. No. 000743
E. Wilson –Gift Payment £25.00 Chq. No. 000744
10. REVIEW AND DISTRIBUTE CORRESPONDENCE
COMMUNITY AND PRIDE COMPETITION 2014
11. THE GENERAL CONDITION OF THE PARISH
11.1 Keeping Roads and Paths clean
Well Lane – Grids blocked with overgrown grass
Grid before Brookside water flooding out
Highways Dept. has confirmed they will look at the issued and let us know what can be done.
Rainow Road – Depression in the road after the George & Dragon
The repair has been completed.
Roewood Lane – Leaves need to be cleared away.
The road has been cleaned.
Dog Fouling – Rainow Road.
The area has been cleaned twice. The Council will prosecute but they need evidence.
A sign is to be put up to deter people from leaving dog excrement on the payment.
12. PARKING ON THE YELLOW LINES AT THE ENTRANCE TO WELL LANE
Car Parks Dept. have advised they will look into the matter but cannot do anything other than book any cars parked on the yellow lines.
It was noted that the yellow lines are very worn and covered in leaves. The Clerk to ask for them to be cleaned and repainted.
13. REPLANTING THE SHRUBS AT HIGHERFOLD.
This was to be carried out late Feb. Early March.
14. CONCRETE POSTS TO BE REPOSITIONED AND BENCH SECURED.
Cllr. Eardley to find out if this work has already been carried out. If it hasn’t Fairway Landscapes to reposition the posts when replanting the shrubs. The Clerk to request confirmation when the work will commence.
15. PURCHASING GRIT BINS
Due to delivery of the bins taking longer than anticipated and we are hopefully over the worst of the winter weather, the Clerk to ask Fairway Landscape if delivery of the bins can now be delayed until October if we pay for them now.
16. REPAIR/RESURFACING OF THE UNADOPTED ROAD
Roy Lowndes has not replied to the Clerks email requests for his help in getting the pot holes filled.
The Clerk to pursue this matter further.
Meeting ended approx 6.45pm
Next Meeting to be held on March 27th 2014 at 6pm