PARISH COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES 28th SEPTEMBER 2016

ANNUAL PARISH COUNCIL MEETING 28th September 2016

PRESENT: – Councillors – Mr R Buckley (Chair), Mrs E Wilson (Vice Chair), Mr N Eardley, Mrs M Street, Mr P Torr, Mr C Fleming, Mr R Buckingham, & Mrs W Carter (Clerk)

Cllr. Amanda Stott

1. APOLOGIES – Mr A Broadhurst, Cllr. J Weston

2. DECLARATION OF INTEREST – None

3. CHAIRPERSON’S ANNOUNCEMENTS – The Chairman and Vice-Chair E. Wilson attended Rainow Civic Service.

4. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING HELD 27th July 2016.

Approved and signed.

Although apologies were shown on the minutes for Cllr. Weston, he was present at the beginning of the meeting but as Cllr. Stott was in attendance his presence was not required.

5. CLERK TO GIVE UPDATE ON THE FOLLOWING:

(a) Current Bank Balance – statement to 5th September 2016 – £6,165.17

Which includes the second half of the precept £2000.00

(b) AUDIT UPDATE– ANNUAL RETURN

The internal audit has been completed – the only comment on the return made by the internal auditors was – “Additions to fixed assets had been recorded at a value inclusive of VAT, instead of net of VAT”.

Action Plan – the assets register to be revised to show the additions value net of VAT.

The external audit has now been completed and the Annual Return including BDO certificate were presented, approved and accepted by the Council.

The only issue raised was the Council had not answered box 11 in Section 2 – Trust Funds Disclosure Note.  Based on the prior year information it was accepted that this answer should have been “No”.

Recommended Action Plan – The Council should ensure in future years that it answers “No” that the council does not act as the sole trustee for and is not responsible for managing trust funds or assets.

No fee has been charged as our income/expenditure falls within the band of £5001 – £10,000.

The Notice of Conclusion of Audit together with Section 1 to 3 of the Annual Return and issues arising from the audit must be published on the Parish Council website for at least 14 days and made available for public access for not less than 5 years.

(c) Salary Standing Order.  

Due to retiring from CEC the Clerks tax code has changed and the amount paid to HMRC each month is to be reduced by £19.80 and the salary standing order increased accordingly.

Two signatures are required by the bank before the above amendment could be carried out. The instruction to revise the standing order was signed by two Councillors.

6. AUTHORISATION OF PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS – 28.09.2016

HMRC – Income tax – £90.60 – Chq. No. 000794

Zach Wilcox -Paving & sign etc. – £288.33. – Chq. No. 000796

W. Carter – Ink Cartridges – £36.91 – Chq. No. 000797

The Parish Notice Board Co. 50% – £660.00. – Chq. No. 000798

7. PLANNING COMMITTEE TO CONSIDER AND COMMENT ON ANY PLANNING

Application No: 16/4352M
Proposal: Raising existing roof by c. 2m to create additional bedrooms within roof space
Location: 31, ROEWOOD LANE, HIGHER HURDSFIELD, MACCLESFIELD, SK10 2PQ

 The Planning Committee had no objections to the application.

8. TO RECEIVE AND NOTE ANY PLANNING DECISIONS

Ongoing – Officer’s are still assessing if the requirements of the Enforcement Notice 07/00047E for the large polytunnel have been fully complied in respect of areas of hardstanding which remain on site.

Vinny Jones from Cheshire East Planning Enforcement has advised that the officer dealing with this case is on sick leave following a heart attack and they have another officer on maternity leave which leaves them very short staffed. He will discuss the matter with another senior officer to see if they can move this matter forward.

The Council were not happy with the lack of action form CEC. The clerk to send Cllr. Stott details of the history to enable her to try and expedite this matter.

Application No: 16/3991M
Proposal: Rear facing single storey extension and front facing single storey extension
Location: 6, TELFORD CLOSE, MACCLESFIELD, SK10 2Q

The Planning CommitteE had no objections to the application.

9. REVIEW AND DISTRIBUTE CORRESPONDENCE

Cheshire East Highways engagement events for 2016. 

Cllr. A. Broadhurst will be attending this event.

Cllr. E. Wilson to liaise with Cllr. A. Broadhurst if she wishes to attend also.

Cheshire East Council Improvement to street lighting

By upgrading to light emitting diode (LED) technology over the next three years.

Cheshire East Council – street Trading Consultation.

10. PAVED SEATING AREA AT HIGHER FOLD

The work has now been completed.

  • The signpost and delivery was slightly more expensive than £50 in total it came to £68.33. The total amount owed is now £288.33 instead of the original £270, that includes labour and materials for the retaining wall and flagging.
  • To remove the old notice board and dispose of it, to completely cut down and remove roots of the shrub and to erect the new notice board. The total cost would be £220.00, comprising of labour £160 and sign and shrub removal £60.

We now have a problem with branches overhanging the seat belonging to the owner of the corner property. As the trees are dead, this is a health and safety issued in need of urgent action.

Cllr. C. Fleming has spoken to the owner and was told that the trees in question are not on his land. There is fence within his property the line of which was agreed with Geoff Torr when the transaction on buying the land took place. This fence is on the garden side of the trees and so he believes the trees do not belong to him.

Cllr. P. Torr to look into the matter and determine what can be done.

The un-adopted road leading to the recreation ground to be included on the next agenda. The Clerk to look into the causes of the problem before the next meeting

11.SID  -Cllr. A. Broadhurst monitored the SID. There was no “smiley face” on it, just the speed and words “Slow down”. Half a dozen cars passed the SID without it showing a speed. It was thought there had not been enough sun to fully charge the battery.12. GENERAL CONDITION OF  PARISH

 (a) Well Lane & Rainow Road – future maintenance.

 Well Lane has deteriorated further and is in urgent need of repair and clearing of the saplings and growth on the verges. The saplings are causing damage to the window mirrors of vehicles passing. Andy Simpson did say he would be assessing the road this summer but nothing appears to have happened.

There are four particular problems with the road surface:

1. Outside number 108 there is a triangular manhole cover which is loose on its seating and when anything goes over it there is a loud banging as it rocks back and forth. Also, the road surface around it is very badly damaged. Some work has been carried out in this area recently but it has not gone far enough to rectify the problem.

2. In the carriage way at the entrance to Cliff Lane there is a triangular manhole with the road surface around it very badly damaged.

3. Outside 41B there are two trenches about twelve feet apart, going the full width of the carriageway which have sunk over time.

4. Opposite number 90 there is a Triangular manhole where all the surrounding surface is starting to crack & sink. There is also a large hole developing at the side of the manhole.

Cllr. Stott spoken to with Andy Simpson to determine what work can be carried out and when and reported the following:-

Well Lane is at a level two with regards to work needing to be done on the surface and with ironworks, it is now on the Highways’ radar and it is on their list but there is no scheduled date for carrying out the work.

The manhole at 108 Rainow Road, Andy Simpson had passed this on to another officer and was surprised that it hadn’t been attended to will follow that up for us.

Andy Simpson promise to advise us of any timescales as soon as he is able.

(b) George & Dragon – A meeting was seen to be held in the grounds of the George & Dragon but no applications have yet been made for planning permission etc.

(c) Rainow Road – Branches/shrubs are overhanging onto the walkway in the field opposite Collingwood have been cut back.

Items raised to be on the next meeting agenda.

Blocked gullies on Rainow Road.

Graffiti in the Recreation Ground.

The Chairman is to speak to the residents with regard to a sign saying “Higher Fold”.

Flooding of some of the houses was discussed and Councillors were advised to tell any residents with this problem to immediately contact CEC.

13. GRIT BINS ON ROEWOOD LANE

The residents have been consulted regarding the location of the grit bins the result being that they definitely want a bin on the T junction at the end of the main run of Roewood Lane.

It was decided to move the bin on the corner of Spring Hill to the T junction. The Clerk has asked the council if they would move this bin.

The older bin on Roewood Lane was moved when the Electricity Board carried out work there; it appears to be leaning into the hedge which is making it difficult to open the lid.

The Clerk has asked the council if they will correct the position of the bin.

Andy has sent the query to a Mark Swindells but no reply as yet ,

The Clerk contacted Andy Simpson and was assured our request would be actioned before the onset of bad weather.

14.  THE ROAD / FOOTWAY / BINS ON RAINOW ROAD, between Cliffe Lane and the George and Dragon.The Parish Council had been informed it had been agreed with the residents that the bins be kept in the relevant gardens to leave the footpaths clear. Two dwellings have complied with this request; the other bins still remain on the walkway resulting in a serious safety issue due to prams having to be wheeled into the road to get around the bins.The Clerk emailed Paul Coverney at Ansa and requested further action be taken. No reply as yet. The Clerk to chase.

15. THE WEB SITE.

Audit docs have been incorporated on the web site incompliance with the instructions and timescales received from the internal and external auditors.

Further historical information has been gathered by Cllrs. E. Wilson who liaised with the Clerk to combine the information. – On going.

Cllr. Wilson has since written down more information which she read out during the meeting and it was appreciated by everyone. A further meeting is to take place to finalise the articles, which may be incorporated on to the web site in phases.

The Clerk to find out if we can advertise in the Macclesfield Express for any photos or known local history in Higher Hurdsfield. – On-going

16.  REPLACEMENT NOTICE BOARD

The Clerk has obtained a further quote for the replacement notice board.

A comparison was made between three of the quotations and the following one was decided upon.

The Parish Notice Board Company

Supply £1050 + VAT.          Delivery £50.00 + VAT        Total £1100 + VAT

50% of the cost to be sent with the order.            Lead times 28-35 working days.

Zach Wilcox to install at a cost of £160

17. Recreation Ground Replacement Spring.

 The spring has not been replaced on the gate of the recreation ground. The Clerk to chase.

 The meeting ended approx. 7.15pm

The next meeting to be held provisionally on 26th October 2016 at 6pm.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Comments are closed.