PARISH COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES 29th March 2012

             

PARISH COUNCIL MEETING    29th March 2012

 PRESENT: – Councillors – Mr R Buckley (Chair), Mrs E Wilson (Vice Chair), Mrs M Street, Mr N Eardley, Mr P Torr, Mrs. L Foster & Mrs W Carter (Clerk).

1. APOLOGIES Councillors Mr R Buckingham, Mr C Fleming, Mr B Livesley & Mr P Hayes

2. PUBLIC FORUM –   A new resident was invited to the meeting by Cllr. E. Wilson

3. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING HELD 23rd February 2012 – approved and signed by the Chairman.

 4. CHAIRPERSON’S ANNOUNCEMENTS – Cllr. R Buckingham has a new addition to the family, the Council send their congratulations.

5. CLERK TO GIVE UPDATE ON THE FOLLOWING:

Current Bank Balance – No bank statement received, estimated balance – £6,468.97

Non-specific parish grant 2012/13 – a one-off grant from CEC of £629 will be authorized at the start of April 2012 and paid directly into HHPC bank account.

Financial Risk Assessment Review – Revised to include the provision of maintenance/replacement of the new playground seating furniture soon to be installed. The Insurance to be increased by £2,000. to cover this risk. All other in accordance with requirements. Councilors’ checked and approved the review.

Clerk to check if insurance has access clause.

Risk Assessment Property – The Clerk carried out the risk assessment and the following action will be carried out by our maintenance contractor.

Seating area at Swanscoe – weed and point paved areas, sand and varnish bench.

Seating area at Higher Fold – weed and point paved areas, secure loose slab.

Standing Orders – to be further reviewed at our next meeting.

 Audit documents to be submitted at Bollington before 4th May 2012.

 6. PLANNING COMMITTEE TO CONSIDER AND COMMENT ON

   ANY PLANNING APPLICATIONS NOTIFIED – None

 7. TO RECEIVE AND NOTE ANY PLANNING DECISIONS.

7.1 Case ref. 11/00739E –UnauthorisedBuildingon the field atSwanscoe Lane.

The current situation/action was discussed. The clerk to monitor and ensure all information is available.

8. AUTHORISATION OF PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS

HMRC – Tax payment for Feb & March     Chq. No. 000696      £62.40

Clerk’s salary Feb & March                     Chq. No. 000697   £307.72

Clerk’s expenses Feb & March                 Chq. No. 000698      £40.16

9. REVIEW AND DISTRIBUTE CORRESPONDENCE

 Invitation to MAYOR MAKING RECEPTION

Bollington Civic Hall from 7.30pm Tuesday 8th May 2012.

RSVP by Monday 23rd April

Cllr. Buckley to advise if he is able to attend.

 BULLETINFORTOWNAND PARISH COUNCIL

Proposed replacement of the current standards regime.

The Government intends to bring the provisions into force on 1 July 2012.

 Copy of a letter sent by ChALC to CE Planning Dept. expressing concerns about the Town Centre Strategy Consultation.

Requesting feedback on the matter.

 NHS ENGAGE –Issue NO. 14

 CHESHIRE COMMUNITY ACTION NEWSLETTER March 2012

 10. THE GENERAL CONDITION OF THE PARISH

The hedges have been cut back along Rainow Road, but dead leaves etc. still remain an eye sore. The maintenance contractor to clear away, the Clerk to first find out if bags of leaves will be collected by CEC.

There is a large pothole onRainow Road, afterWell Lane, Clerk to report.

 10.1. Public Footpath

Arrangements are be made for the rods to be removed as soon as possible and Simon Davies and Andy Simpson from CEC advised they would speak again with Public Rights of Way to establish whether it is possible to provide a handrail. 

 10.2 Wheelie Bins

Waste bins left on the highway have been reported to Keith Davies the community Warden. Complaint   REF IRIS 0367 KD 27th Jan 2012

Inspections have been carried out but no action taken.

The Clerk to give the Waste Depot all the information to see if anything could be done to remedy the situation.

 10.3 Stone Wall on Rainow Road.

The owner is aware of the situation. Stone walls are a problem in several areas.

 10.4 Loose grid on Rainow Road

Reported by Clerk Enquiry Ref. No. 4740722 – remedial work not yet carried out, Clerk to chase.

10.5 Parking on the Canal bridge

The Clerk has reported the problem to the Parking Dept of CEC. She will forward photographs taken to endorse the complaint.

11. THE NEXT PROJECT

11.1 Two new picnic table/seats and bench for the recreation ground.

The local residents have been notified by letter of the proposal.

The furniture has been ordered from NB Services. Cllr. M Street to contact the contractor to arrange a meeting to finalize details, after next Thursday 5th April.

Cllrs. M. Street,E. Wilson, P. Torr and C. Fleming to attend meeting.

Plaques to be ordered for bench and tree when they are in situ

11.2 Silver Jubilee Cherry Tree

Cllr. P. Torr to arrange with Fairways for a double pink flowering cherry tree 5-6” diameter to be planted. Position to be agreed.

12. SPEED AND SAFETY.

Cllr Livesly not present to give update.

13. WEB SITE UPDATE

Haydn is working on improving Google search and finding the site.

Cllr. Buckley is having difficulty accessing the site; he will make a further attempt and advise the Clerk of the outcome.

Cllr. L. Foster will have next History episode ready for the June meeting.

Outstanding Action – Cllrs.E. Wilson and L. foster to arrange to meeting with Beryl Read.

14. ENGRAVING CHAIR OF OFFICE AND PLAQUE

The Chain of Office is at the engravers.      

Meeting ended 7.45pm

THE NEXT MEETING WILL BE OUR ANNUAL MEETING WHICH WILL BE HELD 1st April 2012. 6.30PM


Comments are closed.