PARISH COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES 29th November 2012

PARISH COUNCIL MEETING 29th November 2012

PRESENT: – Councillors – Mr R Buckley (Chair), Mrs E Wilson (Vice Chair), Mrs M Street, Mr N Eardley, Mr P Torr, Mr C Fleming, Mr R Buckingham, Mrs L Foster, Mr P Hayes & Mrs W Carter (Clerk).

1. APOLOGIES – Councillor, Mr B Livesley.

2. PUBLIC FORUM – None

3. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING HELD 25th October 2012  Approved and signed.

4. CHAIRPERSON’S ANNOUNCEMENTS – None

5. CLERK TO GIVE UPDATE ON THE FOLLOWING:
Current Bank Balance – 8th November 2012 – £7,130.44

Disclosable Pecuniary Interest – Dispensation for Councillors to allow participation/discussion/voting.

Under section s 101 of the Local Government Act 1972. The Parish Clerk was delegated to make decisions for the granting of dispensation for the annual setting of the precept for a period of four years.

Dispensation was given to the following Councillors:-

Richard Buckley, Eileen Wilson, Maureen Street, Norman Eardley,
Ciaran Fleming, Robert Buckingham and  Lynn Foster

Setting the Precept. – Item 11 on the Agenda was brought forward to enable the precept to be set.

11. NEXT PROJECT
Several ideas were put forward by Councillor Buckingham of which the following were discussed in depth.
1. Pay for / subsidise services for community – more street sweeping, gritting etc.
The Clerk to obtain the gritting schedule and confirmation that gritting bins will be provided. Request from Highways the road cleaning schedule and costs.
2. Produce local history booklet, based on Cllr. Foster’s articles for website. This information to be rolled out with the Parish Council newsletter and advertised on the notice boards.
3. Pay for improved policing, neighbourhood watch. The cost of paying for increased policing is too great, approx £8,000 for part time only and it was not thought the benefit would warrant even a share at this cost.
4. Keeping roads paths clean. We already carry out some work on the paths etc. more maybe needed in the New Year. A list of areas to be compiled and costs investigated.
5. Grassy area at end of Clarendon Drive – develop for children / adults? The Clerk to find out who owns this land. The resident’s views must be considered. Councillor Buckingham to email a map of the area to the Clerk.

SETTING THE PRECEPT.
FINANCIAL FORECAST TO DETERMINE PRECEPT 2013 to 2014
RENT FOR MEETING ROOM (Increased by £50) £125.00 Actual known cost
INSURANCE £328.00
INTERNAL AUDIT £90.00
EXTERNAL AUDIT (reduction of £24) £120.00 Actual known cost
PARISH CLERK’S SALARY £1,251.00
STATIONARY INK CARTRIDGES/ CLERKS EXPENSES £400.00
MEMBERSHIP FEE SOCIETY OF LOCAL CLERKS £61.00
CHAIRPERSON’S ALLOWANCE £100.00 Actual known cost
PARISH NEWS LETTER/QUESTIONNAIRE £150.00
MAINTENANCE £900.00
WEB SITE MANAGEMENT £40.00 Actual known cost
TOTAL £3,565.00
COST TO BE PAID TO THE END OF THE FINANCIAL YEAR 2012/13
Jubilee Tree £150.00
Clerks Salary Standing order for 5 months £740.30
HMRC – PAYE for 6 months £222.00
Updating Plaque in Sunday School £100.00
Maintenance £200.00
Stationary, ink cartridges, clerks expenses £130.00
TOTAL £1,542.30

Current Bank Balance at 7th Nov.2012 £7,130.44
Less outstanding costs to be paid to end of the financial year 2013 £1,542.30
ESTIMATED BANK BALANCE ON 31ST MARCH 2013 £5,588.14
Less calculated costs above for yr. 2013/2014 £3,565+£1542.3 £5107.3
Remaining total £480.84
Inflation to be added to the above costs

Considerable discussion took place due to the concerns of the councillor’s with regard to the current financial climate and the need to balance the needs of the parish with the costs. The changes currently taking place with Cheshire East Council were also taken into account and it was decided the Precept request was to remain at £5,000.

6. PLANNING COMMITTEE TO CONSIDER AND COMMENT ON
ANY PLANNING APPLICATIONS NOTIFIED –
Developments at Swanscoe were discussed; Councillor Hayes agreed to look into the matter.

Application No. 12/4195/M
Proposal: Front 2 Storey extension including porch, rear single storey conservatory and rear extension to existing dormer.
Location: Swanscoe Park Farm, Swanscoe Lane, Rainow, SK10 5SZ

No objections

7. TO RECEIVE AND NOTE ANY PLANNING DECISIONS.

8. AUTHORISATION OF PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS
W. Carter – Ink cartridges £32.60 Chq. No. 000717
HMRC – PAYE post dated to 3.1.2013 £111.00 Chq. No. 000718

9. REVIEW AND DISTRIBUTE CORRESPONDENCE

EMAIL – STREET LIGHTING CARBON REDUCTION SCHEME.

EMAIL – CHESHIRE POLICE – RECENT CRIME IN MACCLESFIELD

CHESHIRE PLAYING FIELDS ASSOCIATION MAGAZINE

10. THE GENERAL CONDITION OF THE PARISH

10.1. Public Footpath/Wheelie Bins
Highways have agreed to carry out work in this area, however their intention to contour the surface to match the existing sloping surface would not provide a safe means of negotiating the slope, the only way this slope can be safely negotiated when it is wet and slippery, is by means of steps which we require to be re-instated to their original condition.
As we have already had one person slip and fall on the sloping surface, this is a serious heath and safety issue.

An email has been sent to Simon Davies again requesting the above work to be carried out.

Further letters have been issued to the residents using these steps to store their wheelie bins, requesting them to remove them and put them back onto their own property as they are contravening section 46 of the Environmental Protection act 1990. The bins have not as yet been moved.

The Clerk has requested a further letter be sent as the original letters stated the public footpath on Rainow Road, and it is a footpath coming off Rainow Road.

10.2 The Condition of Grids on Rainow Road.
We were advised on 26th October 2012 by Simon Davies that they had stared to empty the
gullies on the whole length of the B5470, including Rainow Road.

Some of the grids have been cleaned out but not all. Prior to the next meeting on 31st January 2013, the Councillors to check which grids are blocked and report them at the meeting.

10.3 Silver Jubilee Tree
Fairway landscapes contacted Cllr. Torr to say they would be planting the tree the week next weekend and payment of the invoice can be made in January 2013.

10.4 Plaque in the Sunday School updated.
Cllr. Wilson to update the plaque. Cllr. Buckley to confirm the name and dates as listed on the Chain of Office and Cllr. Eardley to arrange for the plates to be removed from the plaque and given to Cllr. Wilson.

10.5 Security of Chairperson’s Chain of Office.
The Chairman has taken possession of the Chain of Office for safe keeping.

10.6 The grid and unadopted road to the recreation ground.
The Highways Dept. were advised 26th Nov. 2012 that Andy Simpson carried out maintenance work on the grid in 2009; therefore they are responsible for the further maintenance now required.

The Clerk has asked when this work will be carried out.

The unadopted road leading to the recreation ground is in a dangerous condition. As Roy Loundes from CEC Leisure Department arrange for remedial work to be carried out previously, the Clerk to request CEC to carry out further work to at least have the pot holes filled in.

Cllr. Torr to ask for a quote from Fairway Landscape for siting paving stones across the boarder of the planted area onto the car park, to make a safer walkway off the unadopted road.

Other areas of concern.
The Clerk to find out if any arrangements are being made to improve the canal tow path.

We have not been able to plant bulbs in the trough, due to it being water logged.

12. ASH TREE VIRUS (CHALARA DIEBACK)
A resident contact our Chairman to inform him that he thought an Ash Tree in the car park had the Ash Tree virus (Chalara dieback ).

The Chairman reported the incident to the Plant Health Information Department at the Food and Environment Agency and they have passed it on to the Forestry Commission., whom the Chairman later phoned and confirmed the details.

No reply has been received from Forestry Commission following their promise to inspect the tree. The case number for reference is 677264.

13. REPORTED BURGLARIES
Update received from Jane Thirsk.
The recent spate of burglaries appears to have subsided for the moment.

14. SPEED INDICTOR DEVICE
The police deployed a SID out on 5th November 2012.on Hurdsfield Road at the junction of Cliff Lane capturing data about vehicles travelling down the hill towards Macclesfield. Unfortunately the SID was not deployed at the site requested.
The results are shown below.

Data collected between 08:50:06 05/11/2012 and 16:14:56 05/11/2012

Site Title Hurdsfield Road, Higher Hurdsfield

Site No. NPU

Average Speed 24.3
85th Percentile 28
Standard Deviation 4.9
Total Number Of Vehicles 549

Speed Limit 30

Number Over Speed Limit 24
Percentage Over Speed Limit 4.4

ACPO 35

Number Over ACPO 1
Percentage Over ACPO 0.2

The police have advised they will be purchasing a new LAP SID early in 2013, which is smaller and can be mounted on lamp post or suitable posts for up to three weeks at a time. The cost for our Parish to partake in the scheme will be £50, a token donation, which we previously approved.

This new SID may be able to be deployed in the area of concern, which is just above the canal bridge capturing the traffic driving down the hill. Suitable dates have been requested from us.

15. WEB SITE UPDATE
The web site has been updated to include videos of a performance by the Ukulele club held at the Sunday School.

Cllr. L. Foster met with a local resident to obtain further information and after a considerable amount of investigation, will very shortly produce the next episode of our “Parish History” concerning Sedgwick Mill/Rose Cottage.

The Clerk has written to the police museum and Doug Pickford making enquiries into the possibility of the Three Crowns once being a police station. Conflicting information has been received which we are trying to clarify.

Cllr. Buckley to provide photos for the history section of the web site. – Ongoing.

Cllr. L. Foster and the Clerk to liaise and produce a letter which can be delivered to Parish Residents asking for any information/photographs they may have of the Parish. – Ongoing

Meeting ended 7.00pm

Next Meeting to be held on 31st January 2012 at 5pm

E & O Accepted.

Comments are closed.