PARISH COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES 31st January 2018

DRAFT

PRESENT: – Parish Councilors –  Mr A Broadhurst  (Chair),  Mr C Fleming (Vice Chair),  Mrs E Wilson, Mr N Eardley,  Mr P Torr,  Mr T Simpson &  Mrs W Carter (Clerk) .

Cllr. Ms A Stott

1.  TO RECEIVE APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE – Mrs M Street & Mr J Nicholas

2.  TO RECEIVE ANY DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST- None

3.  PUBLIC FORUM. – None

4.  CHAIRPERSON’S ANNOUNCEMENTS.  – None

5.  TO APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON THE 6th December 2017

The minutes were approved and signed.

6.  CLERK TO GIVE AN UPDATE ON THE FOLLOWING,

(a)Current Bank Balance – statement to 5th January 2018 £3,985.39

7. AUTHORISATION OF PAYMENTS OF ACCOUNTS.

Gillian Judges Cleaning Defibrillator box x 2     £30.00             Chq. No. 000828

W. Carter Printer Ink Cartridges                      £42.69             Chq. No. 000829

8. PLANNING COMMITTEE TO CONSIDER AND COMMENT ON ANY PLANNING APPLICATIONS.  NONE

9. TO RECEIVE AND NOTE ANY PLANNING DECISIONS. – NONE

10. REVIEW AND DISTRIBUTE CORRESPONDENCE

All correspondence received by email had been forwarded via email with the exception of:

“What your local waterway can do for your community –

Planning for waterways in Neighborhood Plans”

Council Approval of Tax base

11. PARISH COUNCIL VACANCY

Ideally a further representative from the Roewood Area would be preferred. Councillor T. Simpson is currently making enquires. If a candidate cannot be found in this area, the Chairman may have someone suitable. – Ongoing

12. THE ROAD UNDER PRIVATE OWNERSHIP AT HIGHER FOLD

 Repairing of the Road Surface.

(24th Jan)  The supervisor John Denwood was arranging it with last time has now returned to work after illness, and he is just waiting for him to let him know the next resurfacing scheme he has in the area and he will be able to arrange to have any spare planings dropped off. Cllr. P. Torr confirmed he was happy to lay them.

13. RECREATION GROUND SURFACE – JET WASH

(30th Jan) Following further investigation Stuart Barber, the Parks Delivery Senior Team Leader, Ansa,  has advised they are not able to use the Section 106 funds initially identified, it appears the spend would contradict Cheshire East policy.

They are fully aware the play area needs investment but at this current time there are no funds available. They will continue to look for funding opportunities and keep us updated if they find any.

The Clerk has requested clarification if this means the swing will not be replaced but the jet wash, which is a safety issue, will still be carried out and also the cost of the new swings if we were able to raise the money for them.

Cllr. T. Simpson commented that a number of local children who use this recreation ground attend Rainow Primary School and he would be happy to approach the Headmaster to enquire if the children could carry out a “Sponsor  the swings” campaign to raise the money needed.

Maintenance 

Dead leaves were piled high, inside and outside of the recreation gates. The Chairman, his wife and a neighbor kindly cleared all this debris and filled nine large bags, which Ansa kindly donated and took away.

14. STREET LIGHT REPAIR IN HIGHER FOLD CAR PARK –

The repair has been carried out, following which we have received a “Thank You” card from an appreciative resident and a complaint that the light is too bright and intrusive as he lives close by.

15.   CLIFF LANE – GULLIES + DAMAGED ROAD SIGN.

(a) Remedial work is to be carried to the carriageway edge.

The Highways Dept.  has advised the edge off carriageway on Cliff Lane will be monitored through the routine safety inspections as per code of practice. They have added this to a future list for jet patching which is the most effective treatment for edge deterioration and indentations in rural roads. They will have this machine needed to do this back in the New Year, although they do not have an exact date.

The new street nameplate is ordered and will be erected as part of a package of similar works. ON GOING

(b) The Assessment.

As a result of the meeting held on 7th Sept. 2017 at the Town Hall, attended by Cllr. J. Nicholas and Chairman Cllr. A. Broadhurst, there is going to be an assessment carried out on Cliff Lane.

This assessment is for signage to warn drivers of large vehicles using Sat. Nav. that this road is not suitable for them to navigate and also to establish suitable areas along the road for people to pass in their vehicles.

The assessment funds will come out of this year’s budget £1000 and if any work is then approved that will be from next year’s budget.

Cllr. J. Nicolas and Cllr. A. Stott have made several enquiries requesting when this assessment will be carried out but have not received a response. A new pilot scheme is being set up by Cheshire East Council for requests such as this. They will be collated and addressed at a monthly meeting; the next meeting will be in March.

The Chairman put forward an alternative suggestion which will be put on the agenda for discussion at our next meeting.

16.  DEFIBRILLATOR TELEPHONE BOX

(a) Painting & Base Seal

Cllr. P. Torr to look into the cost of getting the inside of the box painted and a plinth or rubber seal put at the bottom of the box to prevent leaves etc. blowing in. – Ongoin

(b) Light Bulb

The light bulb is not working because the electricity has been cut off. Cllrs. A. Broadhurst and C. Fleming to arrange re-connection. Ongoing

(c) Location Record

The location of the telephone box housing the defibrillator has not been correctly logged on the list of defibrillators. Attempts have been made to change this however no change has resulted.

Nicholas Blair has asked the link for checking the sites to correct the location, this is a standalone system which is not connected to their control, the information is correct there.

The record has still not been changed, the Clerk made a further request to Nicholas Blair and received  a reply saying he thought we had solved that issue, I would try and get it sorted. As he had previously mentioned this is an external system that does not impact the live 999 system which is correct, so we don’t have to be overly concerned.

It was decided this was an issue we would have to live with.

17  ROEWOOD LANE / RAINOW ROAD JUNCTION –

(24th Jan 18) John Denwood from the Highways Dept. advised they are at a bit of a dead end with the wall at the junction other than to make it safe when it gets hit. The idea of installing a marker post would have minimum benefit although it is something they could try. As the design of the junction is naturally narrow if the wall was removed there would be danger present from the drop at the rear of the wall, also this could result in significant kerb damage from overriding and could also cause damage to cars if they do ride over the kerb and get a wheel stuck behind the wall.

Cllr. T. Simpson would like to meet and discuss the problem with John Denwood. The Clerk to forward the request to J. Denwood with Cllr. T. Simpson’s phone No.

Vans parking on the bridge were also a problem. Ideally double yellow lines are required. See item 21.

18. SID DAMAGED POST
Our SID removed from site by the Highways Dept. due to the supporting pole being damaged by a vehicle. It now appears to be broke and not illuminating.

There is a job raised to replace it but they have had minimum resource to carry out routine maintenance programmed works since back in December due to regular adverse weather they cannot give a date when this will be done as resources at the moment are heavily based around flooding, gritting dealing, with damaged trees and potholes of which we are receiving hundreds of enquiries per day.

19. PARISH NEWS LETTER

The Clerk produced the draft News Letter for approval and advised a quote had been obtained for Cheshire East Printing department, which is as follows:-

The cost for printing 350 copies double sided, folded into A5 and enveloped will be £36.00.

The draft and cost was approved, the clerk to arrange for the printing to be carried out, collect and deliver to the Chairman’s house.

20. STREET LIGHTING ON CLIFF LANE

Concern has been raised over the removal of 5 street lights at the bottom of Cliff Lane leaving one light on the corner which is not working. This is a safety issue as children walk up the lane.

Cllr. J. Nicholas has made several inquiries regarding this issue without result and has now approached the Chief Executive.

21. YELLOW LINES ON THE CANAL BRIDGE.

Turning left out of Roewood Lane onto Rainow Road is very hazardous when cars/vans are parked on the canal bridge. Traffic overtaking these stationary cars/vans come face to face with the vehicles exiting Roewood Lane. The Council are aware of problem of limited parking on Rainow Road but feel this area does need yellow lines in the interest of safety.

Ideally the yellow lines need to extend from Roewood Lane, over the canal bridge down to Needhams Warf. On the opposite side of the road they need to extend from opposite Roewood Lane, down over the canal bridge to the start of the first house.

This proposal will be put forward at the next Area Highways Group in March by Cllr. J. Nicholas

Other areas of Rainow Road are also causing problems for pedestrians as cars are parked on the pavement. Cllr. T. Simpson to look into this matter.

22. GRIT BINS

(24th Jan) John Denwood has passed the list of grit bins onto their winter maintenance team as a priority. He will chase with the adverse weather manager when he is back in the office to see how fast we can get somebody there to refill them.

(31st Jan) These grit bins have still not been replenished Cllr. A. Stott to chase

23. WEB SITE

The Clerk has applied for Transparency Code Funding as follows

A new computer £350.00 excl. VAT also Software £200 excl. VAT to be solely used for Parish Council Work. All work is currently stored on the Clerks own computer, can then be transferred to the Parish Council computer. This has the benefit of the Parish Clerk only having to hand over the computer if she has to leave the position and it will have all the necessary information recorded.

Training for £400.

A claim for setting up the web site to comply with the Transparency Code a max. of 50hrs @ £10 per hour.

As the Clerk has never been paid for previous work done on the web site, a back claim can be made back to when our web site was set up in 2015, a total of £1,220 which includes up to the end of the financial year. The total amount for the claim is £2,170 which will allow the council to comply fully with all the requirements of the Transparency Code.

Meeting ended approx. 7.05pm

THE NEXT MEETING WILL BE WEDNESDAY 28th FEBRUARY 2018

Comments are closed.