PARISH COUNCIL MINUTES 7th December 2016

PRESENT: – Councillors – Mr R Buckley (Chair), Mrs E Wilson (Vice Chair), Mr N Eardley, Mr P Torr, Mr C Fleming, Mr R Buckingham, Mr A Broadhurst, & Mrs W Carter (Clerk)

James Nicholas

1. APOLOGIES – Mrs M Street, Cllr. Amanda Stott.

2. DECLARATION OF INTEREST – None.

3.  PUBLIC FORUM – None.

4. CHAIRPERSON’S ANNOUNCEMENTS – None

5. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING HELD 28th September 2016

Approved and signed.

6. CLERK TO GIVE UPDATE ON THE FOLLOWING:

(a) Current Bank Balance – statement to 4th November 2016 – £4560.13

7. SETTING THE PARISH PRECEPT

The following figures were prepared on which to base a decision.

FIGURES ON WHICH TO BASE THE PRECEPT REQ’D  2017 to 2018

The figures below represent costs per annum regardless of when payments were sent/received/cashed.

ANNUAL RUNNING COSTS

2015/16 2016/17
Meeting Room Rent 10 Meetings per year

£125.00

£125.00

Insurance

£277.49

£287.19

Clerks Salary

£3,000.00

£3,000.00

Clerks Expenses

£214.96

£198.32

Office Supplies

£15.70

£104.33

Audit

£100.80

£174.00

Renewal SLCC

£65.00

£77.00

HC Vickerman Webb Host

£40.00

£40.00

Maintenance

£300.00

£300.00

News Letter

£0.00

£35.00

TOTAL

£4,138.95

£4,340.84

Please note- We will not receive a Support Grant from Cheshire East Council for 2017 to 2018

ADDITIONAL “ONE OFF”  PURCHASES

2015/16

2016/17

W.Carter “No Dogs Allowed” sign

£12.99

The Parish Notice Board Company – INSURANCE

£250.00

Cardiac Science Holding Ltd. Defibrillator

£1,806.00

Cheshire East – Printing training letters for defibrillator

           £26.25

Removal of 2 memorial stones

£150.00

Zach Wilcox -Paving & installing sign etc.

       £288.33

TOTAL

£1,968.99

TOTAL

£564.58

 

PAYMENTS / FUNDS RECEIVED

2015/16

 

2016/17

Precept

£4,000.00

Precept

£4,000.00

Support Grant

£216.00

Support Grant

£108.00

VAT Refund

£496.52

TOTAL

£4,712.52

 

£4,108.00

Money to be paid out until end of March 2017

Clerks Salary incl. HMRC

£1,310.45

Rent for meetings

£87.50

Grass Cutting + painting

£300.00

TOTAL  

1697.95

Bank Balance on 4th Nov. 2016  

£4,560.13

Less payments to the end of March 17

£1,697.95

Expected max. balance March 17

£2,862.18

Different elements were discussed by all and it was unanimously agreed that we would not increase the precept this year as we did not have any large purchases pending.

A precept of £4,000 will again be requested.

8. AUTHORISATION OF PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS – 28.09.2016

Hurdsfield Church Room Rent incl. Dec. Meeting.       £62.50 Chq. No. 000799

HMRC Salary tax payment.                                    £90.60 Chq. No. 000800

Z. Wilcox –    Grass Cutting for the year 2016          £180.00 Chq. No. 000805

Stationary – Cash Book W. Carter                          £ 22.99 Chq. No. 000803

Parish Notice Board Company.                              £660.00 Chq. No. 000804

The Clerk to thank Z. Wilcox on behalf of the Parish Councils for the good work he has carried out.

9. PLANNING COMMITTEE TO CONSIDER AND COMMENT ON ANY PLANNING

Application No: 16/4817M
Proposal: Change of use from Sunday School (D1) to dwelling house and home recording studio for private use only (C3)
Location: Higher Hurdsfield Sunday School and Church, Rainow Road, HIGHER HURDSFIELD, Macclesfield, Cheshire
National Grid Ref: 393186 374583

No objections. Expressed the need for turning provision on the property.

Application No: 16/4902M
Proposal: Front and rear extension.
Location: 46, ROEWOOD LANE, HIGHER HURDSFIELD, MACCLESFIELD, CHESHIRE, SK10 2PQ
National Grid Ref: 393120 374142

No objections.  Expressed concern regarding lack of parking provision on the property.

Application No: 16/5520M
Proposal: Proposed Stables and Horse Riding Arena
Location: Lower Swanscoe Farm, KERRIDGE ROAD, HIGHER HURDSFIELD, MACCLESFIELD, SK10 5TB
National Grid Ref: 393750 375844

No objections.  

10. TO RECEIVE AND NOTE ANY PLANNING DECISIONS

Ongoing – Officer’s are still assessing if the requirements of the Enforcement Notice 07/00047E for the large polytunnel have been fully complied in respect of areas of hardstanding which remain on site.

Vinny Jones from Cheshire East Planning Enforcement has advised that the officer dealing with this case is on sick leave following a heart attack and they have another officer on maternity leave which leaves them very short staffed. He will discuss the matter with another senior officer to see if they can move this matter forward.

Clerk to request update.

11. REVIEW AND DISTRIBUTE CORRESPONDENCE

All correspondence was received and forwarded via email as and when it arrived.

12. CHESHIRE EAST HIGHWAYS ENGAGEMENT EVENT.

Cllr. A. Broadhurst attended on behalf of the Council.

There were five presenters, each explaining their own area of expertise. After each presenter had spoken there was a question and answer session.

Following the presentation Cllr. Broadhurst spoke to the first presenter Simon Davies who was present on behalf of the Highways Dept. After being advised of the road surface problems in the parish Simon Davies took Cllr. Broadhurst details and promised to contact him.

Clarification regarding the emptying of gullies was also requested as during the presentation it was intimated that if a gully was blocked, but, the water runoff was not causing a problem, then the gully would not be emptied. It was pointed out that we had three or four blocked gullies in a very short space of road. Simon Davies said he would find out the situation regarding this and again promised to get back to Cllr. Broadhurst.

Simon Davies has not made contact.

13. THE DEAD TREES NEAR THE SEATING ARE AT HIGHER FOLD

The problem with branches falling from the dead trees continues as we have been unable to determine who owns the trees. This is a health and safety issued in need of urgent action, the large tree is of particular concern. Branches have been falling on top of a car during the bad weather, this incident was reported to Andy Simpson by the Clerk on 23.11.2016 and an update requested 27.11.2016.

Andy Simpson visited the site 7.12. 2016 and he too was very concerned with the large tree. He is to a carry out further investigations to determine who owns the strip of land on which the trees stand.

The owner of the adjacent property has advised the strip of land on which the trees stand was not included in his purchase.

The solicitors who dealt with the purchase advise the strip of land was included, but in line with their destruction policy the documents were destroyed a year ago.

Cllr. Fleming to have further discussions with the people involved.

14. THE CONDITION OF THE UN-ADOPTED ROAD AT HIGHER FOLD

The Clerk emailed a request to Andy Simpson for remedial work to be carried out as it had been done twice previously by a council department and needs to be kept in a safe condition for public access to the recreation ground and car park.

A. Simpson replied advising that the last time this was raised it was passed to Ansa to sort out on behalf of CEC assets as they are responsible for the playground area at the top of Higher fold. However, as the track has no designation on his mapping, there is no obligation for them to maintain any section other than the part immediately fronting their property and any other maintenance lies with the adjacent landowner.

As the car park is also responsibility of Ansa, who regularly use it for their vehicles, the entrance to the car park would therefore appear to be the responsibility of Ansa. The Clerk to make further enquiries along this line

15. THE GENERAL CONDITION OF  PARISH

(a) Well Lane

Andy Simpson has previously advised several times that Well Lane is at a level two with regards to work needing to be done on the surface and with ironworks, it is on the Highways’ radar but there is no scheduled date for carrying out the work.

Flooding and other ongoing problems with Well Lane were again reported to Andy Simpson

who advised on 30.11.2016 that the surcharging manhole on Well Lane was on their Adhoc programme for further investigation. He feels the culvert in the field to which the highway drain connects has a restriction or has collapsed but they will endeavour to clear with jetting. If however, it cannot be cleared using this method it will be necessary to get the Landowner to take on responsibility as any collapse within the field would be a riparian ownership issue to resolve.

The clerk to enquire if any date has been programmed for the above work.

(b) Rainow Road

An email from Andy Simpson 28.10.2017 informed us of the following:-

The manhole outside 108 has been passed to UU and is marked ready for repair. He has spoken to UU and asked they chase up.

The other carriageway issues-; surface condition, old utility trenches and highway drain covers will be addressed as part of their Level 2 carriageway repairs to be carried out later in the year. Once completed, the section from Lower Fold Farm to Well Lane will then be resurfaced with Micro Asphalt in next summer’s programme.

In the meantime, he has arranged for the road to be inspected that day to check for any actionable defects, which will then be repaired as appropriate.

(c) The Blocked Gullies on Rainow Road

Heavy storm rain has caused numerous problems with excess surface water and flooding.

The gully at the entrance to Higher Fold is completely blocked with stone from Higher Fold lane. Andy Simpson advised on 30.11.2016 that he would add the drainage channel to their Adhoc empty/jetting programme, but as there is a considerable list it would be approx. 2 weeks before work could be be carried out.

The blocked gullies were reported by Councillors in an attempt to get the problem sorted, however we have been advised:-

This year’s gully emptying programme has been based around data gathered, over the

preceding three years, from the Authority’s asset management system.  This targeted approach to gully emptying means that we no longer routinely empty all highway gullies on

an annual basis.  We will however attend on an ad-hoc basis where gullies are blocked and causing a danger to highway users or flooding to property etc., but not routinely simply because they are full.

Cllr. E. Wilson to give Cllr. Buckley the phone nos. of the residents that have experienced flooding and he will contact them to give advice.

d) Graffiti in the Recreation Ground –

Cllr. Fleming has made several attempts to sand off the black marker graffiti and it is thought it will fade in time.

(e) Sign for Higher Fold

It was agreed a sign for “Higher Fold” to be put on an existing post on the unadopted road leading to Higher Fold. The Clerk to make the necessary enquiries.

To be included on the next agenda, the collapsed walls at the entrance of Roewood Lane.

The Clerk to make enquires and issue the relevant information.

Comments were made on the pleasing appearance of the flower tub at Higher Fold.

Cllr. E. Wilson has cleaned up the trough on Rainow road.

Dog fouling around Lower Fold and Higher fold is on the increase and needs to be monitored.

16. GRIT BINS ON ROEWOOD LANE

The grit bins have been repositioned as requested

17.  THE ROAD / FOOTWAY / BINS ON RAINOW ROAD, between Cliff Lane and the George and Dragon.

The Parish Council had been informed it had been agreed with the residents that the bins be kept in the relevant gardens to leave the footpaths clear. Two dwellings have complied with this request; the other bins still remain on the walkway resulting in a serious safety issue due to prams having to be wheeled into the road to get around the bins.

The Clerk emailed Paul Coveney at Ansa several times to requested further action be taken. No reply has been received. James Nicholas acting on behalf of Cllr. Stott was asked if they could assist with this matter. The Clerk will email details.

18. THE WEB SITE.

Further historical information has been gathered by Cllrs. E. Wilson who liaised with the Clerk to combine the information. This will now be incorporated on the web site, with further articles to follow.

19.  REPLACEMENT NOTICE BOARD

The notice board has now been delivered and arrangements are being made for it to be installed.

20. RECREATION GROUND REPLACEMENT SPRING.

The spring has not been replaced on the gate of the recreation ground. The Clerk to chase.

21. CARS PARKED AT THE BUS STOP.

This is an ongoing problem for people using the bus stop and access being restricted by parked cars. Lines have been put down to remedy the problem but it appears this is being ignored

22. “CLIFF LANE” DAMAGED ROAD SIGN.

Andy Simpson has been advised but no action appears to have been taken. The Clerk to ask for update.

The meeting ended approx. 7.10pm

The next meeting to be held 25th January 2017 at 6pm.

 

 

 

 

 

Comments are closed.